Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A long time customer and friend of mine called last week after reading a couple of my "bay boat cobia" reports. He has tried a couple times to catch one from his boat on the beach and it hasn't worked out. George wanted to take his boat, which has a crows nest, and give it a try on Tuesday since the weather was supposed to break. Weleft out of shoreline park at about9:30 and returned by 3:30, we were the only boat in sight until about 1:00.Wecaught 8 and saw 12. We kept 2 to eat and tagged 6. It was a great day with lots of action, here are a couple pics.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Just the right size for the grill. Glad you were able to put him on the fish. It also looked like a good day just to be on the water. Gene

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Great report Matt as always.. youdefinitelyhad the cobia following you this season...What's your secret? lol

Oh, I'm saving your lucky cobia jig youallowedme to sneak out the store with the other day for my next chance at the big'un....Well, I can only hope for thesame fortune.

Keep up the great work Capt. and the reports a coming!!!!

Jimmy

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Butcherpen (12/05/2010)Looks like you were off the beach quite a ways ... or did the fish pull you that far off?
We were fishing a line about 200-300 yds off the end of the pier. I like to fish deep if possible,seems like I see more fish out there and they eat better than the ones running down the edge of the bar getting pounded by 20 boats a day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts