Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ignored the full moon and the inner voice that said "Don't go offshore today" and went anyway. Headed for a spot 18 miles out that usually is a quick limit. And... there's a head boat on it.

Stopped at a spot I had run over and saw a good show. After setting up a drift got an alarm from the stb engine. The dreaded Suzuki 02 sensor. Not a shutdown but a pain.

In the midst of figuring out the alarm code (3-6 for reference) saw a brown shape swim by. COBIA! Tossed a jig I've carried countless times for this very reason and she bit. This was a big fish. Ran me around the boat and fought like a demon for 20 minutes.

Had her at gaff shot length one time, but didn't take the shot. Mistake.

She chaffed through the leader with one last run on the surface. Saw a giant and my cobia jig vanish slowly. My wife kept me from chunking a $300 rig into the gulf.

After that I couldn't get my game one. Had good shows but nothing but shorts and 1 legal snapper. Headed home and tired and dejected.

But the wife made homemade chicken pot pies tonite, which made it better.

·
Just a guy
32 Posts
Feel your pain, mate noshowed, had a nice bull dorado at the boat and while fumbling for the gaff,,.. no joy jumped and threw my rig in my face

Note to self, get a new mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts