Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. You can bash me for the title, but I did indeed catch a juvenile cobia around noon today. 12". Released, but I was surprised how long it took to get it revived and strong enough to move on it's own. Anyway. Not much was biting on frozen shrimp so I put on some fresh caught sand fleas and moved my double drop rig a little closer to a small out flow area further east of the parking main parking lot. Waded out to chest high and cast to the 20190824_113418_1566699175798.jpg dark blue edge of the sand bar. After casting and walking back to the beach I gave the rod 3 good pull ups and took the slack out. The cobia hit almost immediately. Wasn't sure what I got and initially thought it was a remora but it didn't have a suction pad on top. Its white stripe, broad tail fin and dorsal and anal fins gave it away though. It wasn't t a keeper, but it was my first cobia from the surf and I was pleasantly surprised. Didn't catch anything else or get any other bites for that matter. I left at 130pm. Beautiful day to be surf fishing.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts