Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you here are a part of this Organization? Thnking of joining. good/Bad idea???

Jaded Old Phart
Doesn't hurt, cool swag, but how you gonna fish the tournament? :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
They have a summer long tournament and have some pretty good prizes to include giving youth scholarships. Saw about 5/6 names from our local area on the prize list. They supposedly represent the rec anglers.... everything on the site looks good/great but we all know how the internet is......

Jaded Old Phart
So you're not chowing down on fresh gyoza anymore?

Jaded Old Phart
Was based at Kadena 74-78. If I remember right, the place we were renting was a couple hundred yards from the seawall. There was nothing built there then. There was a nice hollow right on the falling tide off the middle of the seawall.

Registered
I used to support CCA, until they helped financially support the 鈥渇illet sniffing dogs鈥 used by AL law enforcement to board recreational anglers boats and check for illegal snapper fillets. I鈥檓 not an outlaw, and don鈥檛 mind law enforcement, but I def don鈥檛 want my post tax dollars voluntarily contributed to CCA going to help harassment of recreational anglers. Stupid move IMO for CCA.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I used to support CCA, until they helped financially support the 鈥渇illet sniffing dogs鈥 used by AL law enforcement to board recreational anglers boats and check for illegal snapper fillets. I鈥檓 not an outlaw, and don鈥檛 mind law enforcement, but I def don鈥檛 want my post tax dollars voluntarily contributed to CCA going to help harassment of recreational anglers. Stupid move IMO for CCA.

Didn鈥檛 know that they have a dog that can tell the difference between filleted and fresh whole fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearded Brotula
Didn鈥檛 know that they have a dog that can tell the difference between filleted and fresh whole fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They don't, but they can smell the difference between red snapper and other fish. Morgan and Gaines. Cool little dogs.

Registered
I'm not sure I follow the logic of helping LEO's more effectively find poachers constituting harassment. If they want to bring a dog on my boat when they stop to check my fish box, as long as the dog isn't peeing on my console or something, what do I care? I'm already showing the officer my fish, I don't see the presence of the dog suddenly being harassment. I like dogs. If they're deterring poachers from overharvesting while I am following the law, then well... good for them.

That being said, I don't necessarily feel I should pay for the program beyond already existent license fees and tax dollars, so if I were a member of CCA I don't know that it's what I would want my money going toward, but that's certainly a far cry from saying they're financing harassment of rec anglers.

Registered
Not a fan of CCA Louisiana. They talk a good game regarding conservation and restoration, but I had a close look at their books a few years ago. They were spending disproportionate amounts of money on restoration projects in Texas, so effectively, most LA membership fees were paying for projects in TX. LA membership fees were also paying for lots of cushy salaries in TX. But they never met a limit reduction they didn't like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts