Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard Coast guard yesterday while we were offshore of Destin. They were sending a help for med evac of person offshore but could only hear their side of conversation so not sure of what was going on. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I was off Pensacola at the edge listening to it also. I could only hear Coast Guard side too. Been wondering myself what happened.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I listened to them, I also heard the puking blood part. I heard the CG say they were 3 miles away from the target. 5 minutes later I heard a chopper in the air above us at the edge. Since I could only hear one side of the conversation, I knew it was a different helicopter, just a strange coincident.

·
TJ McBoatFace
327 Posts
I'm very curious as to what warrants a USCG evac.

For example, I've personally listened to a call with an unresponsive diver on the Oriskany who had a 1 hr ride in but there was no mention of a USCG evac. In this case the diver was either already dead or at least pronounced dead on arrival.

No criticisms just very curious.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'm very curious as to what warrants a USCG evac.

For example, I've personally listened to a call with an unresponsive diver on the Oriskany who had a 1 hr ride in but there was no mention of a USCG evac. In this case the diver was either already dead or at least pronounced dead on arrival.

No criticisms just very curious.
The nearest CG air station is in belle chasse (New Orleans). It would take well more than an hour for them to get here. Often times, the fastest way to the beach is by boat. Trust me, if the CG had an asset that could assist in any way, they certainly would. Want to get them there the fastest? Activate an EPIRB or PLB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts