Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
Maybe you could just cop a squat in the middle of your field and produce a nice steamy turd lick!!!

Seriously, I have opened the door to a hunting house and peed out the back and the deer never flinched. They get conditioned to humans. Does do anyway. Wouldn't try it with a rack in the field!

· Registered
225 Posts
I was just stating that they get used to certain things. On one of our fields you can come over the hill in my grandad's truck and they just stare. If you come over in another vehicle they run. Believe what you want, but I know what I've seen and weird sh... happens all of the time. I once shot a super 8 point at 10 ft with a .22 as it was running to my Weimeraner who was sitting and watching him. Took 2 hours to find, but one of the best I've shot. Scared me to death when I first saw him coming to me. (I was squirrel hunting and had my .243 on my back) stupid move!!!

I'm just saying.

I also think that TV and the "industry" have thrown a lot of hype out there. People think that I'm crazy for covering myself in fireplace ash before a hunt. It's a great cover scent, deer have smelled fire ash before, and it's free. It and cedar limbs have worked more than once.

Whatever works for each individual.

But I still ain't trying the TURD thing ha ha ha!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.