Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever hear of "baiting with clorox" for whitetails? My friend and I have found some pictures of deer on another forum and in the background there are clorox bottles? People comment jokingly that they must be baiting?

Is that all this is, a joke or has anyone heard of this before?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So here is the recipe that I am finding...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clorox stump recipe:

One large stump, preferable one that has started to decay(rot).
One Gallon jug of clorox, any brand.
One full bladder.

On a dark night in early september approach the stump from a northernly direction. Remove the cap from the jug of clorox and began pouring the clorox onto the center of the top of the stump. While softly chanting, "gonna get a bigun, gonna get a biggun" circle the stump while continuing to pour the clorox on its edges. When the jug is empty say 3 "hail Mary's", unzip your fly and releave the full bladder diretly onto the stump. Once completed, slowly take a couple of steps backwards then run like hell before they get there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is the link to the forum...
http://www.aldeer.com/al_ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000697

Not making this up though. Just sounds weird to me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The method is funny as all get out but there are a bunch of people that are commenting about it on that other forum.

Any truth that you guys have heard or just something else?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Try this:

Bury a salt block and a Mineral Block side by side just deep enough that the tops are level with the ground. Pour 1 gallon of Clorox Bleach over the top of them and releave yourself and as many buddys as you can convince to go with you over the top of the mineral and salt licks.

Unreal.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess I'll have to try it...just hang on to my pee jug from a days hunt and pour it over it before I head out.:)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Garbo (12/10/2007)Try this:

Bury a salt block and a Mineral Block side by side just deep enough that the tops are level with the ground. Pour 1 gallon of Clorox Bleach over the top of them and releave yourself and as many buddys as you can convince to go with you over the top of the mineral and salt licks.

Unreal.
I think i am going to have tothrow a b.s flag on this one.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
simpleman (12/10/2007)
Garbo (12/10/2007)Try this:

Unreal.
I think i am going to have tothrow a b.s flag on this one.
Duh. You shouldn't have gave it away. Wouldn't it have been cool to read the report about setting up the mineral blocks and the Urinary Circle of Buds. You ever been on a snipe hunt?

Dang.

·
Registered
340 Posts
man have a heart i can only see some poor hunter screwing up his,her chance of a lifetimeon this on sure it would be funny but i would fill bad in the morning:angel

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I did what you said Garbo....pee'd all over it(mineral block)!!!! The deer doesn't seem to mind....

·
Registered
249 Posts
ty the jug to a tree fill it half full of molassis and corn on a full moon nite you hear the deer tryeing to eat throo the holls you cut in it :blownaway then you tell your friends the next morning you killed hime in the daylight

·
Registered
355 Posts
That has got to be the strangest looking deer I have ever seen , must have had to much and bleach/pee or sumin. Guess I'm used to Missouri deer with regular eyes. lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
Maybe you could just cop a squat in the middle of your field and produce a nice steamy turd lick!!!

Seriously, I have opened the door to a hunting house and peed out the back and the deer never flinched. They get conditioned to humans. Does do anyway. Wouldn't try it with a rack in the field!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
SPECKDECK (12/11/2007)Maybe you could just cop a squat in the middle of your field and produce a nice steamy turd lick!!!
Seriously, I have opened the door to a hunting house and peed out the back and the deer never flinched. They get conditioned to humans. Does do anyway. Wouldn't try it with a rack in the field!
If that is true, why do deer run like %^&() when they hear humans; or when a human and deer are in sight of each other, all the human sees of the deer is the white flag.:banghead Yeah, they are conditioned all right.

Here are a couple of other mythes: Deer don't mind cigarette smoke - because the Marlboro man lives in the woods with them.

Deer love the smell of fresh brewed coffee; and the smell of burps and released intestinal gases.

·
Super Moderator
28,504 Posts
fishn4real (12/11/2007)
SPECKDECK (12/11/2007)Maybe you could just cop a squat in the middle of your field and produce a nice steamy turd lick!!!
If that is true, why do deer run like %^&() when they hear humans; or when a human and deer are in sight of each other, all the human sees of the deer is the white flag.:banghead Yeah, they are conditioned all right.

Here are a couple of other mythes: Deer don't mind cigarette smoke - because the Marlboro man lives in the woods with them.

Deer love the smell of fresh brewed coffee; and the smell of burps and <U>released intestinal gases</U>.
Released intestinal gases...That's my grunt call fer them big boys....As fer pissing in the woods, I was hunting a scrapeline 1 year and the biggest scrape was about the size of a car hood. I pissed in it just fer kicks and the buck went crazy...It was outta sight fer my stand but I saw the bushes shaking and heard him raising cane...never came out though:doh

4,058 Posts
Jason (12/11/2007)
fishn4real (12/11/2007)

Deer love the smell of fresh brewed coffee; and the smell of burps and <U>released intestinal gases</U>.
I pissed in it just fer kicks and the buck went crazy...
that's hysterical. now if i can just figure out if you're being serious or not, that way i can try it in a few days...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts