Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a text my dad just shot a six point in BW. Waiting on the picture and the story!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Need pics. Neighbor boy was out on a lease for first time. Seen a hog and 5 point and never got a good shot. First time hunting on some guys lease that his dad knows. Boy was he fired up.

·
PFF Official Referee
5,244 Posts
Hey Dooler.... just saw you're in Moss Point... You need to go try them turkey necks from Lucky's on Main St in 'Goula. Them pig feet are purty awesome too. And a po'boy from Bozo's....On the money....

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,973 Posts
Hey Dooler.... just saw you're in Moss Point... You need to go try them turkey necks from Lucky's on Main St in 'Goula. Them pig feet are purty awesome too. And a po'boy from Bozo's....On the money....
You can't beat them 'necks!!! Bozos takes its fair share of money from me too! Best po boys around !

·
PFF Official Referee
5,244 Posts
And that BBQ sausage from the shell station on 68 I think ... And the hotdogs from the last gas station on 90 comin this way

·
Super Moderator
28,613 Posts
Nice and symmetrical!!!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I'm finally home and got him and myself all cleaned up.

I was sitting on a clear cut 50 foot (yes, 50' high) up a tree so I could see as far as possible. If I hadn't been up that high I wouldn't have been able to see him. I saw him 200 yards out at about 4:30. After playing peek-a-boo with him in and out of trees and bushes for about 20 minutes he finally made a left between some small pines. I bleated as loud as I could and he actually stopped and gave me a half ass shot 220 yards out at 4:45. I fired and heard the bullet hit him and saw him run and immediately disappear. I marked a dead tree he was near with my compass on my phone and got down and packed up as fast as possible to get out there before dark. I got a bunch of flash lights from the truck and headed out. When I got out there I actually found his hoof prints where he tore out at the shot. I followed his prints and he was laying dead not 10 yards from where he was shot. Looking at the shot I could see he was quartering toward me slightly. The bullet entered right at the end of his ribs and blew the [email protected]#$# out of the diaphragm, liver, stomach, intestines and filled the lungs with blood and exited mid way back in the guts. I'm honestly surprised he didn't run farther. There was absolutely no blood due to where the bullet hit and exited, I guess the Hornady SST really did it's job. This was probably the worst field dress job I have ever had to do.

There is a sure enough stud I saw chasing a doe in that same clear cut last year on the last day but couldn't get a shot. I sure hope he makes an appearance during the rut again this year.

BTW, That flag belongs to Brandon. Premature thread creation.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Bigbulls, that's a good buck, good shot, and good story.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Nope... You made him..therefore it's your flag...shoulda taught him better...
Ha ha, yeah right. You know they don't listen.

I texted Brandon at 5:13 and he started this thread at 5:34. Hell, I hadn't even got him drug back to the truck yet.:boxing:

Reactions: espo16
1 - 20 of 24 Posts