Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I went to help my daughter move into her new apartment since she is getting married in 3 weeks. Upon touring the new space, I, being a dad, wanted to make sure she will be safe. Naturally, I test the smoke alarms in her apartment by swiping the button to "test". yep, they work well. 5 minutes later security knocks on the door. The sound of fire trucks are in the distance. How was I supposed to know the alarms were connected to a call center and activation (even by test) automatically toned the FD. Three engines and a Battalion chief arrived within 5 minutes. I do feel good about their response time. This is me explaining the situation.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Just another entry for the book.... what happens if I push the fire alarm test, mmmmmm? Just being dad!

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Were you groveling for forgiveness at this stage in the picture?

·
Registered
13,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I mean.... test is to test the alarm. Not rest response time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Lol. All I wanted to do was make sure the alarm worked. Campus security told me it was the only building that was connected to an automatic response because it was off campus a few blocks. There is actually a notice on the front door about fire alarms and what to do, but nothing about testing. Oh well, that can’t be the first time it’s happened. I don’t ever enter a building without scoping out escape routes and hazards. It’s just second nature to me at this point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts