Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fish Alot Catch None
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now that I have offically made the transition from Biloxi to Pcola I got a question. The Mobile Bay always forced the Cobia South. Anywhere from 20 to 70 miles out. We always "Run n Gun" the platforms and looking for the color change when fishing out of Biloxi for cobes.

I hear everyone talking about runnin the beach over here in Pcola and Destin.Has anyone tried a sea anchor and a chum sllick. We have had cobes chill out in our sea anchor while the sow circled below, small males of course. I know the key is to intercept the cobes as they come through, but I am a firm believer in build the slick and they will come.

Now that I am talking in circles, the question is: Well, I forgot, its work again.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
folks anchor up and do it at the 3 mile barge alot. Two things happen this way... you can bottom fish while waiting on them to show up but mainly you are out of the other boats way.

Not saying you don't have just as much right to anchor and be out of thier way it's just a respect and safety thing.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Cobia will come to a chum slick and I'm gonna try not to be too negative when I say "so will some azzh#le cobia fishermen". Last time we tried it we had two other boats pick up our slick to the east and kill all of our chances of actually getting one to the boat. We eventually pick up anchor and sight fished the rest of the day.

·
Squid technician
10,506 Posts
We chum quite a bit for them and I especially like to out of my kayak.

Of course the only bad thing about catching a big cobia from a yak is when you sink the gaff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts