Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left out of Archie Glover around 6am. Got to my first spot and put the Talon down because the wind was already howling. I sat in that one spot for around two hours and caught 30+/- specks most were in the 15"-18" range but a few were over 20". I also caught 28" and 31" reds on consecutive casts. The wind and rain started picking up so I headed home. Good way to start off Christmas! All the fish were caught a gold and black Mirrodine 18MR. The fish seem to be liking the heavy dines more as the water cools down. The area is was fishing was 3'-5' deep.

Fish Fish Bony-fish Ray-finned fish

Fish Fish Trout Bony-fish Ray-finned fish

Fish Fish Ray-finned fish Bony-fish Trout

·
Roll Tider
2,662 Posts
Yet another good report from you. Wish I had the chance to get out in the boat like that whenever I get the time. Being land locked is garbage!! Keep the reports coming!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Nice catch! Going across Escambia Bay this week it seems like the whole thing is a 3 to 6 foot flat, at least the part north of Archie Glover. I suppose it just takes experience to pick out where to fish. ;)

Congrats, sounds like a great day!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Congrats, it sounds like a awesome day to me.

Kevin

·
Registered
430 Posts
Congrats, it sounds like a awesome day to me.

Kevin
Kevin
You might want to order an 18 and a 17MR in 808 before coming down here. I got like the next to last 17 at Academy (I expect they'll restock) and they don't have the 18's. You won't be far from Bass Pro but, I don't know what they carry.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Kevin
You might want to order an 18 and a 17MR in 808 before coming down here. I got like the next to last 17 at Academy (I expect they'll restock) and they don't have the 18's. You won't be far from Bass Pro but, I don't know what they carry.
Thanks Wally
I think that is what I will do.
I don't want to waist time running around looking for baits when I get down there. I would rather be out fishing.

Kevin

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,234 Posts
Not that price will make much diffrence to someone on vacation for a short fishing trip, but Mirror Lures at Bass Pro are about 40 to 50% higher than Academy and
Walmart. That 17MR 808 seems to be in short supply locally stores. The 14MR and 18MR are good alternatives.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Not that price will make much diffrence to someone on vacation for a short fishing trip, but Mirror Lures at Bass Pro are about 40 to 50% higher than Academy and
Walmart. That 17MR 808 seems to be in short supply locally stores. The 14MR and 18MR are good alternatives.

The price that I have seen on both 17 or 18s is $7.49 plus shipping is that a fair price ?

Thanks
Kevin

1 - 20 of 35 Posts