Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris,

First, Thank You for your endless efforts with this forum. i know it's not only costing you money, but time as well that you can spend with your family or fishing. So, Thanks again- We really do appreciate it tremendously.

OK. I'm trying to upload a video of me catching a 46# cobia. The file was stored at 423mb. I've compressed it to a .zip folder and in the properties it says it is still 422mb. I know the max upload is 200mb. I've tried to upload using both the .zip folder and in IE mode, which I can change on my properties. Both of them will upload, or it appears so, as the green loading bars increase and it will say 'done'. But then the page expires and nothing happens.

Any thoughts? My file may simply be too large and I don't know how to reduce it, so I may not be able to use it. Or, maybe you it is server upload error.

I'll seek help from anyone reading- Thanks!!!!

·
Praedator
10,074 Posts
Upload the video to one of the video hosting sites like youtube etc... and then post the link to the vidoe in your thread. This way you do not put such a large file on the PFF server. But you can use something as easy as Windows Movie Maker to convert it to a smaller bit rate/resolution and smaller file.

Jon

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried youtube and the file would never upload. Left it for 4 hours once and no love. I will try the Windows Movie editing. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts