Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do yall look for when choosing which docks to fish in the daytime. Is it more about old pilings or the dock itself(shade).

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
What do yall look for when choosing which docks to fish in the daytime. Is it more about old pilings or the dock itself(shade).
I'm sure others will have a more insightful answer but I look for 1) something different than the other docks around, either on a point, grass/weedline, shade or steeper bank 2) big older docks with lots of pilings 3) rocks or oyster bed 4) in a cut or pass where the current really runs on a falling tide

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Depends on what species I am looking for at said docks but my common denominator is always depth and current. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on what species I am looking for at said docks but my common denominator is always depth and current. :thumbsup:
I dont target specific fish..lol..I'm happy with anything. The only ones I have had any success on were older with large platforms,on the east side of the bay where there are thousands of em and not too much diff in depth from what i can tell. Bay is really shallow for a long ways out seems like

1 - 5 of 5 Posts