Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man, the ole Choctaw is getting to the point there may be a place or two you can walk across the river up north toward Alabama. Lot's of sandbars and shallows up that way when it's this low.

Down below the river is at the optiumum level of about 6 ft. in the CowFord area. Plenth of water on down to the bay. Lots of boats on the water and the mullet holes in the delta area are getting hammered.

Buddy and I launched at Black Creek Lodge yesterday and fished Mitchell River, a little while in Fish Lake, and then Little Sister. We didn't see a boat anywhere we fished, but knew they were somewhere. Kept about 15 nice eater brim. Quit about 10:00 and decided to ride a while to cool off.

Went down to the delta and found everyone clustered up at the mullet holes. Met one boat that we knew and they were headed in with 23 for about 3 hours of fishing.

I'm still plugging along a few days a week, but when the heat and humidity takes its toll I head to the hill. Crank the truck, turn on the a/c, then load the boat. It's sure nice to get in a cool cab.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Thanks for the report. I went and picked up a sack of Chum-n-Get it this past week. I plan on finding a spot just up from my dock to start a possible new mullet hole. I`ve been checking out a few good locations. Still seeing the mullet jumping on the opposite bank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts