Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm camping over at Grayton Beach State Park with friends this weekend and will be trailering my bay boat in the hopes of hitting the bay (the lake looks a little small??) for something to fry for dinner. Anyone have any recommendations for launches close to Grayton? Maybe something around 83 or hog town bayou?

Any general areas you'd suggest hitting up? Hog town bayou looks fishy as does the east river delta/mouth. Probably will be chasing trout and reds but would love anything we can eat.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Launch at the end on County Road 395 in Point Washington. Easy access to the bay from there. Come early, parking space is limited.

Let us know how you do. I'm debating launching there or into West Bay at Burnt Mill Creek. I'm in a canoe so I have to plot my launch more carefully based on wind direction.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Not much help on launches, but the pompano and whiting bite on the beach seems to be doing well. Fish two hook dropper rigs with fresh pieces of shrimp or sand fleas on small circle hooks (#2 Owner light mutu). Fish the holes and cuts in between the sandbars, fish a couple rods in close and a couple out as far as you can cast it.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, all. Looks like we'll launch at hogtown because of a late start. You know how it goes when the bourbon and tequila start flowing around the camp fire... early morning launches rapidly become mid morning launches. We'll try hogtown and point Washington and, if those don't work, go looking for mullet. I'll let y'all know how we do.

Thanks.

·
Registered
800 Posts
This should help you out

http://fishingdestinguide.com/BOATRAMPS.html

Every boat ramp listed just about in and around Destin, Niceville, Freeport, you name it.

This time of the year, there is always a bunch of big mulllet in Hogtown, run out to the middle, about halfway, then go left to the bank, you will see a little bayou with a big house on the right hand side of that bayou, lot of grass right there, big mullet love to run that grass bed right there and right at the mouth of the bayou.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts