Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Launched about 415pm off white point with my anchor and ready to battle the wind. Using light gear at first (quantum pti20 and 12lb test w/no leader) got broken off by some decent fish around pilings at the midbay. Finally finesse two tourney winner slots, a 26" and 26.5" up. Released one and the other was a mess from the hook going to deep in its mouth, so he's going to be dinner. Wind was brutal, but baits were still thick. Smaller stuff on the bottom and bigger stuff on top being busted by tiny spanish (6-10"). Didn't try the flats for flounder due to limited time.

Reactions: NLytle

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the White Point Park open for public? I notice a lot of sign that's you need military permit?
You need a Jackson guard permit. They've made it much easier this year. You can now do everything online and print your permit at home. Google Jackson guard eglin its one of the first hits.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bait of choice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All hook ups on live shrimp jigged. Worked a gold spoon a bit, but with no hits.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,995 Posts
That looks like redfish on the 1/2 shell for sure! Get those stitches out of your digit yet?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ahh, you were the guy I passed out there with better luck than me. Nice fish. Was one of the few times I fish without live bait, a couple good bites but didnt land anything. And you're right about the wind that afternoon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts