Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tell you....it's days between posts on this thread. Have to wonder what's going on with the fresh water folks? Having said that the heat is starting to slow me down, but got out on the river this morning.

Mark and I left the landing at 5:30 this morning. A couple of other club guys were on the river as well. We fished Mitchell River and Fish lake....couple of dinks....then moved to Big Sister. Perfect morning to fish but the bite was poor. Spoke to guy in an old, but very nice, wood boat. He had about a dozen. Report from guy in nearby houseboat that had been there since last Thursday said it has been slow since he got there.
For two boats, 4 guys, we ended up with 30 bream, warmouth, shellcrackers, and two small bass. We pooled the catch for a neighborhood fish fry, but will need more. Tough fishing. Even the mullet bite is way off.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Just got in from my third try at the shellcrackers on Yates lake. I went with Frank, the Googan, in his boat. We fished from the crack of noon until 5:00 PM and caught 30 or 40 bream but only kept 28. Finally found some of the big ones that this lake is noted for - we got four that measured between 11 and 12 inches, and all of those came from one spot. One day I'm going to figure these bream out.

Reactions: DLo

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was a very good catch considering all. Not sure what's going on down here with the river bream bite, but it's not what it should be this time of year. At least not for me and my fishing friends.

·
Registered
801 Posts
We fished the mullet hole at Alaqua this past Saturday, first boat there at 5am, we left at 5:30pm and had 30, it was a sloooow day but we had nowhere else to be so we stuck with it. Two other boats came right after us, one guy left with 16 around 1pm and the other right after with 6. There was a ton of mullet in the creek, they wasn’t feeding on the bottom though, what we caught was when they were hitting the hook on the way down which made it tough to snatch them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts