Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am going to Choctawhatchee Bay next weekend (10/12-14), but I am unable to take my bay boat. What I will have is access to a little RHI skiff w/ a 5hp (the dinghy for my dad's sailboat). He has the boat at Blue Water Bay in Niceville, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any spots near there where I might find some red/trout/flounder action. I don't want to get too faraway, as all I know about this little boat is that "it runs" and my dad is a bit of a :letsdrink so who knowshow wellit really works.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Try around the Rocky Bayou bridge. Nice sheltered area for a small boat. Try around the pilings, and if you catch an outgoing tide, try 40-50 yards downcurrent from the bridge pilings w/grubs. Shop around until you get bit, then mark the spot and load up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. I just got some bouys and now i know to bring them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to check one last time and see if anyone had heard anything about the Niceville area this week?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I live here and do decent at the eglin grass beds BTW we are usualy running a 10' Zodiak with a 6hp. it works and my big boat is down for now. I may be out on sunday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts