Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok its late I'm at work and I've been pondering.

I was wondering about a few issues with manufactering jobs being in China versus Mexico.Why are there more goods produced in China by US companies than in Mexico.

1. Is it that China and the European markets are able to purchase more of the goods produced thus more viable economically?

2. Is it a resource problem?

3. Is it an infrastructure problem?

4. Is it that the environmental attitude or lack thereof is more user friendly in China?

5. Is there that large of a difference in labor costs,safety standards or available qualified workers?

6.Is the Chinese government easier to deal with?

7. If it's a product that the chinese by and large can't afford or need it seems that shipping costs alone would make it cheaper to produce in Mexico.

8. Is it a tax break or government partnership advantage.

Don't get me wrong I'd like to see all our production facilities eventually come back home but its just not the case right now.It just seems if we manufactured more goods in Mexico, the products would be cheaper.Plus at least 20 million illegals might have had a job and wouldn't feel the need to come to our country illegally and stretch our infrastucture and resources to their limits.

Is there something obvious I'm missing? Any thoughts?

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,159 Posts
The reason is simple. Most of the Mexican work force is in the U.S. It's to far for the Chinese to swim.:clap Sea-r-cy

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">When I was living in San Diego, a friend & Neighbor had a small business stripping printed circuit boards for their parts & the gold.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">When the cost of doing the environmental paper work started to be as much as his profit. He moved the operation just across the border to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Mexico</st1:place></st1:country-region>. All went well for about a year, and then every Mexican "Official" from <st1:City w:st="on">Tijuana</st1:City> to <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Mexico City</st1:place></st1:City> came looking for their "mordida". So he ended up selling out to a bigger company who moved everything to mainland <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">China</st1:place></st1:country-region>.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">No bribes, no favors, & only "reasonable" paper work.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">And of course San Diego lost 22 well paying jobs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts