Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bearded Brotula
11,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the majority of my house battling some kind of sickness, I decided it was time for some chicken soup. I usually make it with a whole chicken, but didn't feel like picking the bones out for the kiddos. Started it off like my gumbo with some chicken thighs skin down to get some good fat for the veggies. Usual veggies, but decided to add some rutabaga. Also decided to pull all the bones out and tie them together with butcher's twine, so hunting them down at the end would be easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Nothing better than chicken soup for not feeling well. Make sure you use all that schmaltz....it's good for you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

·
Bearded Brotula
11,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Came out great. Ate three bowls last night. Not sure if I feel any better this morning because of it, but who can say. I love rutabaga, but it was okay in this. Next time I'll probably add some turnips. Then make a side of turnip greens with some salt pork. That ought to coat me up pretty good.

·
Constitution Conservative
2,580 Posts
A bowl of that with salty oyster crackers, "Mmm, mmm good!"

·
Bearded Brotula
11,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Averaging about 2.5 bowls at lunch and dinner. Can't imagine how sick I would be without this stuff....:whistling:

Put some fresh cracked pepper and grated parmesan on top.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts