Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caught up on more DVR watching last night, what all with the monsoon rainstorm we were having. One of the shows was the latest "Dirty Jobs" which folllowed Mike Rowe through the streets of Miami chasing FERAL CHICKENS!!!

Apparently this is a big problem there. They estimate there to be tens of thousands of feral chickens.

What I don't understand is how these chickens continue their existence. With the state of the economy, I would think they would become just as "endangered" as our Red Snapper supposedly is.

Even if there is a ban on shooting firearms within city limits, I would think the residents (especially the unemployed ones) would be going after them with slingshots.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I saw that episode too and I know if I was hungry on the streets there wouldn?t be a feral chicken problem!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Somebody is seriously missing out on an opportunity here. Those aren't feral chickens, they are "Free Range, Organic" chickens. You could sell those for some serious coin.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Ihavea free range rooster that lives on my block in east hill.

Doesn't bother me asI am a dead sleeper , but he starts crowing as early as 3 am.I have been wondering why someone does not take him out...

My bird dog broke away from me in the front yarda couple of weeks ago while my wife was out front as well and went after the rooster while hewas strutting across the street. Round and round the neighbor's car they went until the rooster gotairborne. Thought my wife was going to faint.

The dog was probably thinking -"Dang, that's the biggest quailI have ever seen ."

Mark W

1 - 7 of 7 Posts