Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a good recipe for just good old fashioned cheese grits. I’ve tried several different ways but I’m always missing something

·
Registered
994 Posts
4 cups water to 1 cup of grits 1-2 Tablespoons of butter and whatever cheese you like. My wife likes smoked Gouda while I prefer real American cheese.
Bring water and butter to a boil add grits then bring back to a boil while stirring then simmer at least 15 minutes stirring every minute to keep it from getting clumps. While simmering add cheese to taste
I use 6 slices minimum of real American cheese not the plastic wrapped cheese food product
Basically add cheese to your taste

Edit salt & pepper after tasting if you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
4 cups water to 1 cup of grits 1-2 Tablespoons of butter and whatever cheese you like. My wife likes smoked Gouda while I prefer real American cheese.
Bring water and butter to a boil add grits then bring back to a boil while stirring then simmer at least 15 minutes stirring every minute to keep it from getting clumps. While simmering add cheese to taste
I use 6 slices minimum of real American cheese not the plastic wrapped cheese food product

What he said, except we add a few splashes of hot sauce.

Reactions: Yellow River Cat

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
If it's for breakfast, exactly what YRC said, if it's for dinner with fish or shrimp and grits then I replace 1 or 2 of the cups of water with chicken broth and use smoked gouda, some shredded cheese, bacon crumbles and chives on top...mmmmmm

·
Registered
1,427 Posts

cheddar, cheddar, cheddar!!!! sharp cheddar.

·
Super Moderator
5,994 Posts

This, plus mater gravy.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
We’ve recently started using the Mexican/Fiesta blend cheese in cheese grits.

Not the taco blend, it has taco seasoning in it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts