• I like pie

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many times when I'm recovering the boat, I'll see folks launching even tho theres a black wall of death approaching, wind picking up.
Do they even bother to check the Weather Channel radar or something like that before leaving the house?
It'll blow by, get to Crab Island at all costs?
Do you check?

·
Wolfgang
257 Posts
I always check the radar and this time of year if we have a trip planned and if it looks sketchy we will go anyway as long as there is no lightning. I've also been known to wait it out sitting in my truck. I'll organize my tackle, replace questionable hooks on lures etc. I can always find something to do while waiting to put my waterbike in as soon as it lets up. Watching people at the boat ramp is always entertaining.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Always even when I'm not going. Laugh!

But summer storms can pop out of nowhere so there's that.
Hope you're doing well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
405 Posts
I look at as much information as I can BEFORE I launch. Same way I fly airplanes for 200 miles or 2000 miles. It is so easy, a caveman could do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
what do you do if you are out and about in bay side and a random storm rolls through and there is no cover(bridge or so) nearby or way to go around?

do you just beach the boat and just chill until it goes by? or what?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
what do you do if you are out and about in bay side and a random storm rolls through and there is no cover(bridge or so) nearby or way to go around?

do you just beach the boat and just chill until it goes by? or what?

Get wet ....

Seriously - if there are lightning strikes - get to cover
No sparks ? - carry one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts