Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Praedator
9,915 Posts
If it's too good to be true. Well. If you send them an email, they will want either money or info from you. Then they will ship the boat to you.:banghead:banghead

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Only place I saw a price was once in the title so maybe an honest mistake ..... left out a a digit?

Good luck:letsdrink

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think he might have just left out a number also. It is a nice boat and mastercraft are premium ski boats. I still havent received an email but will let you guys know when I find out.

on a side note, has anybody gone skiing behind one of these series of boats? what did you think? thx everyone

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the reply I got from him on the boat. No way this is legit.Hi,

Theboatis still for sale and is in mint condition. If you'd like to view some additional pictures here is a link: http://img94.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=37781521.jpg. It is in very good condition, and it runs great. My wife was recently promoted so we had to move in Montana .Besides, there are lot of things which have priority now, so,theboathas to go. As you probably noticed, the price is rather low $ 5,800 forthe boat( traileris included in the price)for you if you will buy it today or tomorrow .Due to the fact I am very busy with my work and I don't stay too much at home, theboatis already to the shipping company and will be delivered from there very fast, shipping costs are included in the price.The transaction will be made under eBay's buyer protection plan.This way you can receive assistance for the purchase, title transfer, etc. So, please reply back with your full name and shipping address if you are really interested in purchasingtheboatso we can start the arrangements!

Thanks

Joe</DIV></DIV>Here is more info on the boat:</DIV></DIV>It has virtually every option that Mastercraft factory installed including: the MCX 350 horsepower engine, bimini cover, board racks, tower mirror attachment, four (4) tower speakers, two (2) foward lights that are integrated in to two of the tower speakers, stereo CD (the upgraded Clarion model), amplifer, subwoofer, six disk CD changer, transom remote control for stereo/CD player, heater (which is great for early morning or evening rides), shower, bow filler cushion, cockpit table, binding blaster, factory boat cover (with cutouts for tower and vents for high speed trailer towing), and depth finder. It has a Mastercraft trailer specifically built by the factory for the X-30 model. The boat's colors are white for the interior and bottom of hull, Canadian Blue metal flake for the side (and the platform) and a black accent stripe.</DIV>

Type: Ski/wakeboard Engine type: Single inboard/outboard Use: Fresh water, Salt water

Length: 23.0 feet Engine make: Chevrolet Primary fuel type: Gas

Beam: 8.0 feet Engine model: Indmar MCX Fuel capacity: 51-75 gallons

Hull material: Fiberglass Trailer: Included</DIV>

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
DON'T DO IT!

3rd party "shipping company" is the easiest way to get hosed. there was a post a little while where a member got took. i'd cut him off right away and not take any chances but if you insist, tell him you'll come look at in person with a pocket full of cash. see what he says.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Looks like the ad is gone. I'd play with him a little bit. See how much info you can actually get him to send you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wharf Rat (3/25/2010)Looks like the ad is gone. I'd play with him a little bit. See how much info you can actually get him to send you.

Ya I told him that I wanted to see the boat. I don't know if I will get a reply or not.

·
Super Moderator
27,931 Posts
He'll say you can't see the boat because its in a shipping company ready fer it to be shipped to ya......Flag the add then play w/ him....:letsdrink

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is the latest reply I got from him. This is actually pretty funny to me and I am enjoying this. I might play with him some more.

"As we speak the boat is already at the shipping company in Montana and was put into a container and now is ready to be shipped. I am located out of the city due to occupational obligations so unfortunately this means we can do the deal only through eBay .

Since I presume you are not familiar with eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection Program, I have briefly described the eBay transaction steps below:

1. Buyer, seller reach an agreement (price and delivery conditions)

2. Buyer sends money to eBay.

3. eBay confirms to seller that the amount has been received.

4. Seller performs the required services (shipping, insurance).

5. Buyer accepts delivery and informs eBay about the acceptance.

6. eBay releases the money to seller.

As you can see, you will receive the boat BEFORE any money is released to me. You will get the chance to inspect it, test drive it and everything you like while your money is still safely held in eBay's account. ONLY after you confirm to eBay that you agree with the boat, they will release the money to me.

If, for some reason, you disagree with the boat (I assure you that is NOT going to happen since my boat is like in the photos and run great ) it will be shipped back to me on my expense and eBay will send you your money back.

If you wish to proceed further, I will need your complete name, address and phone number so I can start the transaction with eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection Program.

Thanks,

Joe"

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,091 Posts
Tell him your brother-in-law is an airline pilot (former Northwest, now Delta)and lives in Minneapolis. Your brother -in-lawhas offered to"jumpseat" to Montanafor free, rent a car,and do a quick inspection then jumpseat home the same day...

I'd be happy to supply more cover information like flight numbers, times, etc...

Jim

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had the same thing happen on Monday. I was not aware of this type of scam. I was trying to buy a 96 Bronco on Autotrader. He said he was going to be deployed to Irag. This person would never call me live, only emails. He said the shipping company had the vehicle and sent me to the website. It is usshippers.com. It looked very legit. I even talked to there customer service twice. I'm sureit was the dude smoking a cig in a basement somewhere. He sounded middle eastern. At the last minute before I sent him $3000, my brain kicked in! I will only deal locally. I feel so violated.:reallycrying

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I don't understand how the eBay Motors Purchase Protection Program applies. The boat is listed on Craigs List (the original link posted is still active). Is the boat also listed on eBay? To qualify for the Protection Program, you must havesuccessfully completed the purchase of a vehicle priced at more than $100 on the eBay Site. You will be deemed to have successfully completed the purchase if you receive confirmation in your "My eBay" that you have successfully won, or purchased, an item through an auction, Buy It Now, or Best Offer. Another requirement for coverage under the Protection Program is that "you, the seller, the vehicle, and the financial institutions on which payment was drawn, and to which payment was made, must have been located in one of the fifty United States or Canada on the listing's end date."

Check all other requirements here: http://pages.ebay.com/ebaymotors/buy/purchase-protection/

More red flags:

--At that ridiculously low price, don't you think someone local in Montana would jump on that bargain?

--The sellersays price includes the trailer and shipping.

The "owner" could have placed a For Salesign on the boat, listing the price, and towed the boat/trailerthrough Gulf Breeze and I'll guarantee you the boat/trailer would have been sold before he hit the Three Mile Bridge. So why go through all these hassles?

As I said before, S C A M

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">99 out of 100 times it?s a scam if there?s a shipping company involved. If I can?t go there, see it and pay cash there?s something wrong. Who wouldn?t want cash!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts