Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a lot of people get busted each year for DUI, but the link to this map for all the DUI arrest for 2006 in escambia and santa rosa counties puts it into perspective and is very sobering. Worse yet, these are just the ones that got caught!!:letsdrink

Be carefull this holiday season, I'm sure everyone has probably drank and drove many times before. Even if you have good judgement about not drinking and driving watch out for everybody else. Look both ways at intersections even if it is a green light,:bpts and always plan an escape route to safely steeryour vehicle if someone crosses a median or swerves into your lane. Have a safe and merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!!

http://www.pnj.com/newsfiles/maps/dui/index.shtml

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Every time I try to check it out the page starts to load then it locks up my internet explorer.:banghead Oh well, I will try it later.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The map takes forever to load, there are a lot of drunks in escambia and santa rosa counties. It may take 3-5 minutes, but it's worth it just to see the amount of DUI's handed out last year.

·
Super Moderator
12,809 Posts
PENSACOLA: a small little drinking town, with a BIG fishing problem!!!:letsdrink

·
Registered
390 Posts
DreamWeaver21 (12/9/2007)Saw one that was .07 BAC not sure how that got turned into a DUI. Also saw one that was over .10 at 7am...Now that is drinking.
Being less than .08 does not mean no DUI....08 and above is prima faca evidence of DUI... .05 to .079 is considered non-presumptive and depends on other factors. Some folks are more messed up with .06 than a pro with .250

When I was taking some classes on the subject, we were told that statisicallyon any weekend night, between 11 pm and 4 am, 1 of three drivers on the road are at DUI levels. That's scary any way you look at it.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
SCUBA Junkie (12/10/2007)
DreamWeaver21 (12/9/2007)Saw one that was .07 BAC not sure how that got turned into a DUI. Also saw one that was over .10 at 7am...Now that is drinking.
Being less than .08 does not mean no DUI....08 and above is prima faca evidence of DUI... .05 to .079 is considered non-presumptive and depends on other factors. Some folks are more messed up with .06 than a pro with .250

When I was taking some classes on the subject, we were told that statisicallyon any weekend night, between 11 pm and 4 am, 1 of three drivers on the road are at DUI levels. That's scary any way you look at it.
No doubt. Better to let a friend drive or cab it home...:toast

1 - 20 of 26 Posts