Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get the cheapest ammo either local or online. I'm not looking to buy in bulk just want to find some reasonably priced 9mm or 30-06 ammo that I can target shoot with. I found some decent priced ammo at cables website but couldn't find any reviews so I was skeptical. Thanks

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I use slickguns.com. I use it all the time. They not only have Ammo but everything else related.

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Cheap ammo is cheap ammo. If it's for range blasting, get the cheapest you can find. Ammoseek and gunbot are good tools.

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
Try the aluminum cased Federal at WalMart. It's around $10 for 50 rounds of 9mm.
I never really thought of the 30/06 as a target round so just buy whatever is cheapest at WalMart. I wouldn't think you would need much.
There are places like Luckygunner, Palmetto State Armory, TargetSports USA, Sportsman's Guide, Ammoman and others that sell bulk 9mm (500 and 1000 round cases) but I don't think it's that much cheaper than WalMart. I never found any great deals at Cabela's on ammo.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I want to say the last time I got 9mm at Wal-Mart it was around $24.98 for a box of 100.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Try the aluminum cased Federal at WalMart. It's around $10 for 50 rounds of 9mm.
I never really thought of the 30/06 as a target round so just buy whatever is cheapest at WalMart. I wouldn't think you would need much.
There are places like Luckygunner, Palmetto State Armory, TargetSports USA, Sportsman's Guide, Ammoman and others that sell bulk 9mm (500 and 1000 round cases) but I don't think it's that much cheaper than WalMart. I never found any great deals at Cabela's on ammo.
The 30-06 is mainly going to be sighting in the scope and to shoot something with a little more kick. The 9 is going to be the primary target shooting gun.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Couple sites I use are SGammo.com, bulkammo.com, freedommunitioms.com. I know you said you don't want to buy in bulk but if you can then do it. I bought a box of .223 55gr that was loaded to XM193 specs and it ended up being 29 cents a round after shipping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts