Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,943 Posts
I just bought my bulk fer a few months, Zorn Brothers in Florala, AL has it fer $170.00 per ton, and I bought 1040 lbs at $91.00 so not much more if you buy under the ton...

·
Super Moderator
27,943 Posts
I just bought my 2nd load of corn this year at Zorn again. 1540 lbs for $136.00

.08 a lb = $4.00 fer a 50 lb. sack --- if you want to break it down.

Just figured I'd post a recent purchase fer ya'll!!!:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Jason (10/7/2009)I just bought my 2nd load of corn this year at Zorn again. 1540 lbs for $136.00

.08 a lb = $4.00 fer a 50 lb. sack --- if you want to break it down.

Just figured I'd post a recent purchase fer ya'll!!!:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

Dang what are you putting that much corn in?

·
Super Moderator
27,943 Posts
tyler0421 (10/7/2009)
Dang what are you putting that much corn in?
drums and trash cans....I'll go through a lot more........:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Registered
36 Posts
My husband is putting out sweet potatoes this year instead of corn. We went to Elberta Saturday and bought 2,000 pounds for $30.00. The deer LOVE them! We are just putting them in our field and woods (we live on 4 acres), last night we came in at 9:00, and there were 3 does eatting from one of the piles and we shined down in our neighbors field, and there were 3 or 4 down there eatting some of the 'taters. We are going back in a few weeks for more!! Just a thought, I know you were asking about corn, but maybe you'd want to go the route!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Please let us know where you are getting 1 ton of sweet potatoes for $30.00. That would equate to 3 boxes and the best I have found was $35.00 per box.

·
Registered
687 Posts
hehuntssheshops (10/7/2009)My husband is putting out sweet potatoes this year instead of corn. We went to Elberta Saturday and bought 2,000 pounds for $30.00. The deer LOVE them! We are just putting them in our field and woods (we live on 4 acres), last night we came in at 9:00, and there were 3 does eatting from one of the piles and we shined down in our neighbors field, and there were 3 or 4 down there eatting some of the 'taters. We are going back in a few weeks for more!! Just a thought, I know you were asking about corn, but maybe you'd want to go the route!
The corn in a timed feeder is the only way, the potatoes are ok if you hunt all night, the deer blow up like cows & you see the white of their belly above their ribs,JMHO...

you can get whole bulk corn in walnut hill grain elevator for 1/3 the the price of bag corn.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
I found boxes of taters in elberta for $30 at kecklers or something like that. A box is around a 1000 pounds. I bought 2900 pounds of corn at escambia grain for $262.00. The taters been out about 5 days and the deer are just starting to eat them. good thing about taters is that they will sit on the ground for a month without rotting but they usually dont last over 2 weeks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts