Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 $.75 small carabeeners 3/16" poly rope and 4" of heat shrink tube. I twisted the rope and heated the tube for extra security. After it cooled I couldn't pull it apart. I gave it a pretty good jerk but didn't try real hard. I think it may loosen up over time, but shrink tube is cheap.

Attachments

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why not use a couple of hog rings to secure the ends better, then the shrink tube?
I looked up the hog ring.

After going out to the garage and pulling and jerking as hard as I could it didn't budge a bit. I think I'm in good shape.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I used a few small caribeeners, pullies, a ring, and three pad eyes (one to hold the non ring tied line of rope to keep it from sliding over the railing) that I riveted along the hull. Ran cheap paracord that I ziptied to the ring and voila. It cost around 12 bucks because I wanted the stainless stuff. It works like a charm.

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Considering I spend a week out of the year down there and the other 51 in fresh water, I'm not too worried about stainless.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Johnf,
Looks like you have the Old Town Caspian? I just bought one since they were on clearance at Academy for $298 and am just getting into the hobby. Haven't even got it wet yet. Anyway, was wondering if you have added some more features to it, if you would mind posting some pics of it? Thanks!
Gary

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Johnf,
Looks like you have the Old Town Caspian? I just bought one since they were on clearance at Academy for $298 and am just getting into the hobby. Haven't even got it wet yet. Anyway, was wondering if you have added some more features to it, if you would mind posting some pics of it? Thanks!
Gary
Yep, same boat. I got it on the last sale for $379. OUCH lol. It's been too cold here so I've not had it in the water yet. I have made paddle and rod leashes just like the trolley, but used old coiled cell phone chargers. They look much better than the trolley. I'll post some pics tonight. I do think I'm going to get some scupper plgs for under the seat and will get some side carry handles and paddle clip next time I'm in the big city.

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is just cell phone charger cables with the ends cut off. I used shrink tube to make the loops. I may get some small zip ties to reinforce them. I had some Velcro laying around so these literally cost me nothing.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts