Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this in the dreaded Harbour Freight catalog. It comes to my work place. I know most think they sell junk, but I doubt you can go wrong with these. I'm thinking they will work great on home made kayak dolly's. FYI - O*D*W

Attachments

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking rust might be a problem as well, but im sure you could coat them with some kind of protection. I forgot that most folks keeps them attatched to their rigs. But, they are cheap. Lol.

·
Registered
528 Posts
At that price, buy another pair when they rust out!

OTW, I bought those for my hobie, but the PVC didn't hold up well under the weight. The wheels are GTG for the money. A lighter yak will do fine as many use the PVC design successfully.

Cheers,

XB

·
Registered
435 Posts
Kayak Dolly Wheels

They are not "FAT" enough for the beach. I tried them on a homemade dolly to carry my ice chest on to the beach and they just bog down in the sand. If you use them on hard ground, they are perfect.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I wonder how these wheels would work on sand if you made a cart with dualies?

Greg
Wondered that myself. The weight of them alone Im not sure its worth it. May be more trouble than its worth. I made my own cart as well and used the same wheels. Great to move on concrete and gravel. It sucks in sand. But better than draging with the same effort.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have the harbor freight wheels on my supper plug cart now. They work well for the price. I think the power wheels, wheel maybe a go. They should do better in the sand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts