Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taurus Millennium G2 and Smith and Wesson M&P Shield. The Millennium G2 feels great with good width and great stippling. Found the Flat Dark Earth for $230. Shield is a single stack but the texture isn't the greatest and my hands my be just a bit too big for it, but it is $205 right now which is amazing. You guys shoot either or prefer one over the other. Really tempted to just by both of them. 9mm Taurus for the lifetime warranty and .40 Shield for summer time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can't beat the M&P shield in 9 or 40. I've never been a fan of Taurus and for about the same $$ I'd chose smith any day. Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
I think the Taurus is a cheap gun that is priced appropriately. The Shield is a $375 gun that can be had at a great deal right now due to rebates.
Get the Shield in 9 or .45.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the same model taurus, it cycles cheap ammo well, it runs whatever I put in it.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk
Yeah I have read damn near nothing but good things from this model and I shoot +p ammo so it's not if but when either pistol is gonna break. Lifetime warranty sure sounds nice.

·
Praedator
10,061 Posts
I own one 9mm Shield and I now own TWO .45 Shields. I would say that I like them. If you have not tried the new .45 Shield with the new textured grip, I strongly urge you too. I got my last Shield .45 from Palmetto State Armory for $299 and then with the $75 rebate, it's a stupid price! So that's why I now have two of them! Haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I own one 9mm Shield and I now own TWO .45 Shields. I would say that I like them. If you have not tried the new .45 Shield with the new textured grip, I strongly urge you too.
Yeah the grip on that pistol in the picture looks MUCH different. I tried both models this week but am undecided. That's were my comments came from in the first post. I didn't know there were two different grip textures. Is that for .45 only? (Nice bubble)

·
Praedator
10,061 Posts
Yeah the grip on that pistol in the picture looks MUCH different. I tried both models this week but am undecided. That's were my comments came from in the first post. I didn't know there were two different grip textures. Is that for .45 only? (Nice bubble)
Yes the new texture is only on the .45 Shield right now. It's an aggressive texture for sure! But it helps make the recoil and muzzle flip only a hair more than the 9mm!

They have the more aggressive texture on their full size M&P 2.0 lineup. But the .45 Shield is the only one of the Shield models with it right now. I have a bike tire inner tube on the 9mm to give it a little more grippyness for my wife!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man...I'm a good pistol shooter but I was just thinking about shooting a Shield in .45 and that thing would be tough to smother.

·
Praedator
10,061 Posts
Man...I'm a good pistol shooter but I was just thinking about shooting a Shield in .45 and that thing would be tough to smother.
You would be very surprised to find that it's not hard to handle at all. Much easier than the .40 for sure! I own both and can put down the 9mm and shoot the .45 and easily shoot them both well. They do some voodoo magic with the .45 to help the recoil and muzzle flip!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I liked the G2 Millennium so much I bought another one. So far I've run almost 500 rounds through the first one with no failures of any kind. Most of them were fmj with 50+ HP's just to make sure they would feed reliably. I have no experience with Shields

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
The Taurus has a trigger pull a mile long. Some people have trouble "pulling" their shot with triggers like that. It does have the double strike capability which some people really like. I have a Shield and my brother has the Taurus. I shoot the Shield better. I do like that the Taurus has a rail if you ever wanted to run a light on it though.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Taurus has a trigger pull a mile long. Some people have trouble "pulling" their shot with triggers like that. It does have the double strike capability which some people really like. I have a Shield and my brother has the Taurus. I shoot the Shield better. I do like that the Taurus has a rail if you ever wanted to run a light on it though.
Yeah the trigger reminded me of a Beretta 92 which I am VERY familiar with. It feels good to me for the first shot and is usually my cleanest. The Shield is a bit small for my hands, but like everyone else it seems, I feel S&W would be the best purchase. That's why I decided to ask you guys. I'm 50/50 dead even between the two. I hate not buying the G2 just because it's a Taurus. From my research, they have come a long way.

·
Super Moderator
12,807 Posts
You can get the shield dirt cheap right now, they have a good mail in rebate going on as well. It is a far better pistol than the taurus which is for better or worse a knock off of the shield. I would not trust my life to a taurus.

That being said, neither are a glock, but that's another discussion.

Get the Shield.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I own one 9mm Shield and I now own TWO .45 Shields. I would say that I like them. If you have not tried the new .45 Shield with the new textured grip, I strongly urge you too. I got my last Shield .45 from Palmetto State Armory for $299 and then with the $75 rebate, it's a stupid price! So that's why I now have two of them! Haha.
How do the 9 and 45 compare in size? Wonder if the 45 will add some girth.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts