Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
You have a good process going. My grandpa used to put a pan on a hook and hang over an outside fire to burn off build up on the outside. The pans got a lot of use. I still stop by Lodge in Pittsburg, Tennessee when I drive through.

·
Super Moderator
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You have a good process going. My grandpa used to put a pan on a hook and hang over an outside fire to burn off build up on the outside. The pans got a lot of use. I still stop by Lodge in Pittsburg, Tennessee when I drive through.
It’s definitely a labor of love. I’ve done 20 pieces this week. Basically factoring time and material I’m losing money but it’s starting to become a fun hobby.

If anyone has anything they just wanna sell outright let me know and I’m always willing to make an offer

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Reckon you could do somthing for this pot? I believe it is cast iron. If so, I would be happy to pay you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Reckon you could do somthing for this pot? I believe it is cast iron. If so, I would be happy to pay you.

Yup I can clean it up. Looks like a Lodge. I’m pretty well caught up at the moment if you wanna meet today in town. Or I can swing by tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here’s one I just pulled from the tank. It was almost as bad as yours. Never know till you clean it to see the real condition.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
I sent you a text Chase. I could meet you tomorrow or whenever works best for you.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Chase, I would be curious to see what a walnut blaster would do to one. I bet it would shine.
Blasting is supposedly a big no no. I wouldn’t mind trying it on a cheap skillet but it messes with the way the seasoning takes

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I watched a video were a guy took a lapping wheel and grinded them all smooth with it. Then seasoned it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I watched a video were a guy took a lapping wheel and grinded them all smooth with it. Then seasoned it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Most people that’s big in CI would hang thay dude. They are anal about no power tools. They are ruthless on FB about it. Kinda funny.

·
Super Moderator
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well was down a day ungrading. Running 2 50 gallon tanks now. Upgraded to stainless from steel and the difference is huge.

·
Registered
12,660 Posts
Awesome stuff. I've got 4 pieces in the truck. Whenever is fine. I'm sure the fire will hinder travel routes.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts