Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to fish some time next week to burn some comp time. Anyway i was wondering if anyone knew of any walk on type charters out of Destin during the week.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Either the Gulf Breeze or the Gentle Winds at Olin Marler charters are usually always having walk on trips.You can contact them at olinmarlerscharterboats dot com.I am not sure who runs the Gulf Breeze now since Capt Bruce passed away a year ago,but it is their newest boat. Capt Greg runs the Gentle winds with 30 years experience and will load you up with Mingos and Amberines and a few assorted AJ's and grouper thrown in.Also Harborwalkfishing dot com can set you up on a walk on with one of destin's charter boats and i have neverfailed to catch good fish when I have used them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to check into it!! I suppose I was not very clear. When I mentioned walk on, I was referring to a cobia ride. Just cannot decide between going on a head boat or a seeing if someone takes folks out for cobia.Normally, I would not be concerned with a strictly cobia ride, but it seems as if this might be a good year! . I sold my skiff last year because the wind was so bad most of the time and I'm starting to get the itch

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you would like give me a call, I have some trips next week but also have some open days. Today we went 7 for 9 and came home with a 66, 55, and 46. Had plenty of off days but today was on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts