Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Still another question about Destin, Destin home of Pam Dana, our recreational 'representative' on the Gulf Council. Why can they catch red snapper when we can't?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
That's pretty close. But, another thing this will bring on is the following:

Ring ring: Hello, this is Acme Charters, how may I help you?

Caller: Hi, me and some buddies want to fish March 3rd, can you take us?
Acme: Sure, we're open that day... what do you want to fish for?

Caller: We just want to catch some fish, what's biting at that time.

Acme: Most everything, but if you want to catch Red Snapper we can do that too.... FOR $300.00 MORE.
I promise, this is coming if they approve this B.S.

Try finishing the conversation this way.

Caller: OK, that sounds great. One more question before I give you my credit card number. Do you support Sector Separation?

Acme: Yes, its the greatest thing since the Luoisiana purchase!

Caller: Oh, ok, I'll find someone else to book with. Thanks, Goodbye.

·
Registered
637 Posts
It is hard to believe all these charter boats drinkking the kool aid..

I remember back a few years when, before you needed a license for Saltwater fishing, before snapper season.. The sport angler had a say in what went on.

Now we have more regulation more government, things are more screwed up.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
:censored::censored:
Sector Separation: Do you support Sector Separation? Acme, YES! "Oh, ok, I'll find someone else to book with." GOOD choice!

"The sport angler had a say in what went on. Now we have more regulations more government, things are more screw up." Welcome to Lubchenco's Shares/Separation. Welcome to big government. Welcome to big, really BIG business entering our, or what was once our, fishery. Want to catch, and keep, an American red snapper, a gag grouper? No problem! Simply go down to Walmart and BUY a tag for the privilege of catching what was once our, now their, fish. Sector Separation, 'the greatest thing since the Louisiana purchase!" Greatest for whom? Bob H. :cursing:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Bill me

You have a point Joe blow from La doesn't care yet. Why would they not living here. I assume from your name you are a blue water fisherman ask yourself this what will you do when they implement a tag program for all commercially sold species. If the MS act is working why can you not keep 6 25 lb snappers but you can kill 60 flip flop dolphin you can keep 2 wahoo in Fl and sink the boat with them In LA cause they just don't care?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
this is all very interesting, is there a plan to be able to actually enforce this system? are they going to start setting up check in stations at every boat ramp on the gulf coast, what about people that live on their boats, is the marine patrol going to start stopping me while im sailing around and ask to rummage through my fridge and ask where the tag is for the king fillet that i have waiting for lunch? this seems like more regulation without the ability to make it stick, the marine patrol already has their hands more than full trying to keep people safe on the water and attempting to enforce fishing licesnses. this just isnt going to work, wrong though it may be its just not a workable system.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I recall Red Lobster and Olive Garden being involved but weren't there other restaurants? What about seafood distributors? I was at Maria's Seafood today and saw some beautiful red snapper for sale for about 6 buck a pound. We were commenting that the commercial guys do not have much in the way of restrictions on them for size.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
The commercial element is governed by what is know as IFQ, not seasons. Each boat has it's own allotment, IFQ. They can use it anytime. $6.00 a pound for ARS is a real bargain' in Tampa it's $19.00.

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
Try finishing the conversation this way.

Caller: OK, that sounds great. One more question before I give you my credit card number. Do you support Sector Separation?

Acme: Yes, its the greatest thing since the Luoisiana purchase!

Caller: Oh, ok, I'll find someone else to book with. Thanks, Goodbye.
Please remember, I DO NOT SUPPORT SECTOR SEPERATION! I do not, I do not. I've seen already the evils of this beast. I want no part of it. I've said it in these NMFS meetings that there's NO FAIR WAY to divide the pie, and NMFS charges forward with this trechery.

·
OSOK
4,157 Posts
Ok so everyone subscribed to this thread saw what was posted by fishingmagician before it was deleted...what a toolbag. Better yet, why in the world was the comment deleted.....maybe it was a second account for old Gary? Hey fishing magician, looks like the "best charter boats in Destin" are in on the catch share action, maybe you need to do a little research before you go spewing nonsense out your rectum. If anyone missed his comment, I have it saved hit me up I will pm it to you.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Ok so everyone subscribed to this thread saw what was posted by fishingmagician before it was deleted...what a toolbag. Better yet, why in the world was the comment deleted.....maybe it was a second account for old Gary? Hey fishing magician, looks like the "best charter boats in Destin" are in on the catch share action, maybe you need to do a little research before you go spewing nonsense out your rectum. If anyone missed his comment, I have it saved hit me up I will pm it to you.
Post it

41 - 60 of 199 Posts