Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems everyone I talk to at the docks takes issue with charter boats getting a head start on the red snapper season and commercial guys having an open season but nobody seems to know what to do or a simply unwilling to make the effort to fix this robbery. Every state seems to handle this differently but the end result is a bias toward commercial activities. The way I see it is the fish BELONG to the American people not the federal or local governments, they are basically saying we own them and are giving them to private entities! This is wrong! If you agree contact ALL YOUR LOCAL REPRESENTATIVES, spread the word and respond to this thread with your thoughts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So your a charter captain I see, funny I got my captains license and a boats that are more than adequate but this is BS. Your nothing but a greedy punk

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,363 Posts
OOOh but wait, they are now looking at how much bait you can have!!!!!!!!!

Collapse of Forage Fish Threatens Saltwater Sport Fishing

The whole system is dependent on thriving forage fish populations. Forage fish like mullet, shad, herring, and sardines eat plankton, then sport fish like salmon, redfish, and tarpon eat them. Without protection, though, forage fish populations are even more susceptible to rapid drops in population. Meanwhile, factors such as rising ocean temperatures certainly aren’t helping.

There was also a article in Saltwater Sportsman "Sports fishing industry funds forage fish research". page 13 same deal.

·
Premium Member
9,452 Posts
Rules Smules. Just go fishing. Have fun. You spent all that money on a boat and gear and think about it 23 hrs a day and you don’t do it because you might get a $300 ticket? Cmon man!

·
Registered
253 Posts
31st
You’ll care when the guvment starts messing with freshwater fish next.
I've lived the orange beach life. Got tired of the crap and went back to the country. Not much else the government can do with a catfish. Not the value a snapper has. Oh and I served 21 years in the army so im very aware of what the government can do!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts