Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to get into starting a charter boat..does anyone know where any nice boats between 35 and 50 ft.with a good sized deck are?? THAT WONT BREAK MY WALET!! lol

NOTE:if you were looking for a charter boat, would you rather go off shore or in shore?

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,169 Posts
A charter boat is a good way to become a millionaire, you just have to start out with several million!

:hotsun

Sea-r-cy

·
Super Moderator
19,832 Posts
Sea-r-cy (2/15/2010)A charter boat is a good way to become a millionaire, you just have to start out with several million!

:hotsun

Sea-r-cy
I agree, if you wanna make a $1 running charters you better put in $5.

·
Super Moderator
19,832 Posts
jawbreaker (2/15/2010)Iappreciate it ,but why do you say that you are going to lose money during the process?
Look at all the guys getting out of the offshore charter business. Its hard on them right now and these are guys that have been doing it their whole life. Your best best would to be buy a 21' or so boat you can run inshore trips along with the occasional off shore trip. You will not get rich of running charters now, its hard enough to break even, espcially with a big boat. JMO

·
Registered
639 Posts
Capt Al has the Time Bandit for sale 65 thousand.37 foot certified for 17 paying passengers booking number,rods reels ,lock,stock and barrel.Fresh rebuild on twin 250 cummins.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
jawbreaker (2/14/2010)im looking to get into starting a charter boat..does anyone know where any nice boats between 35 and 50 ft.with a good sized deck are?? THAT WONT BREAK MY WALET!! lol

NOTE:if you were looking for a charter boat, would you rather go off shore or in shore?

chartering itself on a big boat will do that on its own...with fish regs getting stricter and stricter the most money that boat will ever make will be at sitting at the dock

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I agree with the people above, this is not the time to be getting into offshroe charterfishing and it is what I have wanted to do since I was little.ALot of poeple are trying to get out so if you really want to buy a charter boat you should be able to find a deal

·
Registered
9,732 Posts
Make sure if you find a boat and intend to go into Federal waters the boat comes with the required federal reef permits. The permits are only available if you purchase one and they are selling for up to 10,000 bucks for that piece of paper. There are a lot of charter boats available just keep searching. Before long you will leave on opening day of Snapper season and it will be closed before you return to port...

·
Registered
437 Posts
The Miss Marisa (Capt Mike Newell) is selling his 44' Egg Harbor and business the last time I checked. Great boat and it's over at Pensacola Beach Marina. Tell him David Pewitt from Dallas sent ya. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Do the folks mentioned here that have their boats for sale have them listed on any web site I could search to see them? I'm looking for a twin diesel, prefer cummins and must have a lower helm. No express boats. Salon and flybridge would work. Need room for family and air conditioning. Thanks

·
Registered
9,732 Posts
Yes go over to Southwind Marina and talk to Pat Jones he is retired Army. I know the Quester HAD twin 6-53 Detroits in it and was a sweet running boat. I'm not sure what it has in it now that was years ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts