1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Haha

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
So, regardless of laws, is the person starting this thread grinding an axe? All fishermen are subject to the law. The question remains, Was law violated? . In federal waters, we are allowed an obscene limit of 20 vermillion snapper per person. In State of FLORIDA waters, we're allowed 10. So, don't stop in state H20 if you have a fed limit of mingo for any reason other than draining the main vein:whistling:

·
OSOK
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, regardless of laws, is the person starting this thread grinding an axe? All fishermen are subject to the law. The question remains, Was law violated? . In federal waters, we are allowed an obscene limit of 20 vermillion snapper per person. In State of FLORIDA waters, we're allowed 10. So, don't stop in state H20 if you have a fed limit of mingo for any reason other than draining the main vein:whistling:
No axe grinding, just think that it's dumb.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I only know what I've read so far on this post but if it's legal what's the big deal? Hence, Charter Boat, customers, tourists, most of us see sharks on a regular basis, out of towners don't. I'm assuming they paid for the trip, as long as it's legal what's the big deal?

·
OSOK
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I only know what I've read so far on this post but if it's legal what's the big deal? Hence, Charter Boat, customers, tourists, most of us see sharks on a regular basis, out of towners don't. I'm assuming they paid for the trip, as long as it's legal what's the big deal?
I don't know if it's legal or not, it could be either. I'm just saying that it will probably cause some unneeded attention by the FWC at the very least. I hope it is a legal harvest.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I don't know if it's legal or not, it could be either. I'm just saying that it will probably cause some unneeded attention by the FWC at the very least. I hope it is a legal harvest.
So, let's recap... your first post on the topic is calling them out for harvesting the shark and then calling them dumb for letting it get posted on FB.

Then, you say that you don't know if it's legal or not...
seems to me the polite thing to do would have been to find out if it is, in fact, illegal before calling them out.

Just my opinion, please proceed as you see fit.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Why kill a small tiger anyway? To me it makes no sense! My clients catch all sorts of sharks, and we release them, including some beautiful tigers. Silly shit to me, and I will tell a client that a release is in order. If they don't like it, they don't have to fish with me again...

·
Registered
71 Posts
according to that thread it is illegal to harvest,possess, or land in Florida. wouldn't that mean that you couldn't bring it in through Florida waters? Keep in mind that I'm not a captain and don't know the interpretation of the law. If I read that I would've released it.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,623 Posts
Who would want to bring back one of them stinking shit eaters??? That being said I have seen them popped a few times in the head with a glock and I didn't cry about it??? Shit people its a shark who cares!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Who would want to bring back one of them stinking shit eaters??? That being said I have seen them popped a few times in the head with a glock and I didn't cry about it??? Shit people its a shark who cares!
I do.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
From the FWC website

**NEW** Shark Management Changes
The FWC Commissioners passed a rule that prohibits the recreational and commercial harvest of tiger sharks and great, scalloped and smooth hammerhead sharks from state waters at the Nov. 16, 2011, meeting. The rule took effect January 1, 2012.
Anglers may catch and release prohibited shark species in state waters. Anglers may also catch and take some species of shark in federal waters and land them in Florida but boats traveling through state waters carrying shark must not stop in state waters until the fish are landed.

http://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/recreational/sharks/

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
IMO, I assume you're able to legally travel through state waters with a shark legally caught in federal waters - how else would the Outcast Mega Shark Tourney exist?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.