Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Charter boat damaged by joyriding thief

6K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  foxtrotuniform 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hear about that a couple days ago- sounds like they're offering a reward for info too
Hey EVERYBODY, need your help! The Bloodsport was stolen last night, ran aground had the running gear ripped out and then crashed into the dock at Sportsmans and was tied up and left to sink. Thank God we saved her, but if you know anything about it, PLEASE call me 850 288 9523 or the Orange Beach Police, you will get some money!! Thanks!
Feel free to share this too, thanks!!
https://www.facebook.com/bloodsport.charters

#3 ·
Read about that...They say they got the culprit on camera. Although the article stated you can't see the suspects face, I know from experience that if I know a person pretty well, I can tell who they are by the 'way' they walk. I hope they find out who messed this guys boat up. Is the owner on the forum?

Reactions: THONAS J. RYAN
#6 ·
Maybe I am missing something, but there should be finger prints all over that boat.
Yes but so would every single person that has been on a charter. Yet those boats do get washed down after every trip, so there could be something to that.
Finger prints could be pulled from the bottles of beer or champagne. Maybe even DNA from a cigarette butt if any were found. Beer and cigs go together with a lot of folks.
Sounds like there were multiple people on this boat ride to me. Several people , probably orange beach locals that know about this joy ride.

#8 · (Edited)
Isn't that the boat that was just in Marlin magazine?

Just read the article, yep that's it.

#9 ·
I had a friend that kept his boat at Peg Legs that had his so called Friend and first mate taking out the 40' Boat without him knowing and giving "Sunset Booze Charters for $$$$Cash $$$$ to the Tourists staying at the beach....

Might have been a Charter for Cash without permission by someone he knows, and things went wrong....

#11 ·
:D If they can remember anything from their drunken stupor...;) LOL

But seriously, I hope so- I'm sure he would have insurance to cover most of the cost of repair- probably has to cover the deductible?? Not sure how it works on the commercial end. :001_huh:

#12 ·
Just in...
Police in Orange Beach are in search of a charter boat thief. The "Blood Sport" was stolen New Year's Eve, ran aground during a four hour joyride and then returned to Sportsman Marina with thousands of dollars of damage.
Coming up on News 5 @ 6 see if you recognize the man surveillance cameras captured and police want to talk to.

#15 ·
#17 ·
Well, that story adds new meaning to "joy ride". Because it is a "documented vessel" with the U.S. Coast Guard, revellers could face charges of piracy and other federal crimes. Im on smart phone so I cant do ut, but somebody shoukd share that link on youtube and facebook and twitter along with the amount of the reward. Bet there would be some names come up by week-end.

#19 · (Edited)
In my High School days I ran with Mike Davis. I remember it was me, Mike and I guy by the name of Kenny took Mike's Father 28 ft CC Rampage out for a joyride. We got pulled over by the Marine Patrol and Mike got a ticket for not having enough life vest.
It's sucks that this happen and I know Mike will bounce back after this set back.
Whyme
Mako My Dayo

#20 ·
First of all, I guess the keys were in it or someone knew where the keys were kept or it just had a direct starting system.

Second, in this type of property crime, he should have gotten a private investigator right away to take charge of some of those alcohol bottles for fingerprints, for when they get a suspect.

Police have lots of heavy crimes to deal with and don't seem too keen to pursue property crimes unless the solution falls in their lap.

I had just seen that boat on Marlin Magazines e-magazine so, I recognized it right away when I saw that 'wrap'.

#22 · (Edited)
I got word that the boats genset was running. One doesn't get onboard a vessel unknown to them and just "know" how to get everything up and running. Another point, the boat was moored in its slip with at least 5 or 6 lines. Did the perp untie or cut all the lines? Or... were there more than one perp?

Reactions: Deeplines
#25 ·
Recap:
Multiple perps, including females (ie; champaigne),
Knowlege of boats, and particularly this boat,
Vidios.

Questions I dont know answer to; did additional pers/passengers board at dock or did they power to another location to pick up? Vidio shoud tell.

Did the vidio show the return, or just the departure?

My list of suspects would begin with family, then people who are or have been deckhands or mates on this boat, friends who have been on this boat multiple times, and finally someone in the marine industry. But personally I would lean toward the first two.

I hope they catch them soon.

#26 ·
Update from Bloodsport Charters, on facebook...

Update: The guy that we were suspicious of was supposed to take a polygraph test at 9 am today. He called the police department and said he hired an attorney and was advised by his attorney not to take the polygraph test.
What do you think?

#28 ·
Update: The guy that we were suspicious of was supposed to take a polygraph test at 9 am today. He called the police department and said he hired an attorney and was advised by his attorney not to take the polygraph test.
What do you think?
Honestly, I would't have taken it either. Even if I was innocent. Polygraph tests are 99 percent bullshit. That's why they're not admissible in court.

The whole point of the polygraph test is to make you nervous so you start confessing stuff to the examiner.

They're useful for security clearances, because those are all about disclosure. You have to fess up to all your indiscretions. If the examiner suspects you're hiding something, they can "fail" you and make you come back for a retest a few days later. Then they ask the same questions again, and compare your answers to the first time. If your answers don't match, they figure you're lying about SOMETHING so they deny the security clearance.

It's all mind games. Like this. http://youtu.be/rN7pkFNEg5c?t=1m34s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.