Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
Hear about that a couple days ago- sounds like they're offering a reward for info too
Hey EVERYBODY, need your help! The Bloodsport was stolen last night, ran aground had the running gear ripped out and then crashed into the dock at Sportsmans and was tied up and left to sink. Thank God we saved her, but if you know anything about it, PLEASE call me 850 288 9523 or the Orange Beach Police, you will get some money!! Thanks!
Feel free to share this too, thanks!!
https://www.facebook.com/bloodsport.charters

·
Registered
568 Posts
Read about that...They say they got the culprit on camera. Although the article stated you can't see the suspects face, I know from experience that if I know a person pretty well, I can tell who they are by the 'way' they walk. I hope they find out who messed this guys boat up. Is the owner on the forum?

Reactions: THONAS J. RYAN

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,434 Posts
There should be cameras all around the sportsman and up by the store where someone would have parked.

That sucks. Hope the repair goes well.
Hope they catch the bastards that did this.

·
5,434 Posts
Maybe I am missing something, but there should be finger prints all over that boat.
Yes but so would every single person that has been on a charter. Yet those boats do get washed down after every trip, so there could be something to that.
Finger prints could be pulled from the bottles of beer or champagne. Maybe even DNA from a cigarette butt if any were found. Beer and cigs go together with a lot of folks.
Sounds like there were multiple people on this boat ride to me. Several people , probably orange beach locals that know about this joy ride.

·
MILF - Man I Love Fishing
829 Posts
If the culprit can't be found, who take the liability here? The owner? Will insurance cover something like this?

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I had a friend that kept his boat at Peg Legs that had his so called Friend and first mate taking out the 40' Boat without him knowing and giving "Sunset Booze Charters for $$$$Cash $$$$ to the Tourists staying at the beach....

Might have been a Charter for Cash without permission by someone he knows, and things went wrong....

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
Obviously a "few" people on board. Someone will spill and then the sht will hit the fan.

:D If they can remember anything from their drunken stupor...;) LOL

But seriously, I hope so- I'm sure he would have insurance to cover most of the cost of repair- probably has to cover the deductible?? Not sure how it works on the commercial end. :001_huh:

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
Just in...
Police in Orange Beach are in search of a charter boat thief. The "Blood Sport" was stolen New Year's Eve, ran aground during a four hour joyride and then returned to Sportsman Marina with thousands of dollars of damage.
Coming up on News 5 @ 6 see if you recognize the man surveillance cameras captured and police want to talk to.

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts

·
5,434 Posts
Money talks.
I'm sure the guy is a local of some sort. People will roll friends out for $$$.
Hope they catch him.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Well, that story adds new meaning to "joy ride". Because it is a "documented vessel" with the U.S. Coast Guard, revellers could face charges of piracy and other federal crimes. Im on smart phone so I cant do ut, but somebody shoukd share that link on youtube and facebook and twitter along with the amount of the reward. Bet there would be some names come up by week-end.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
In my High School days I ran with Mike Davis. I remember it was me, Mike and I guy by the name of Kenny took Mike's Father 28 ft CC Rampage out for a joyride. We got pulled over by the Marine Patrol and Mike got a ticket for not having enough life vest.
It's sucks that this happen and I know Mike will bounce back after this set back.
Whyme
Mako My Dayo

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
First of all, I guess the keys were in it or someone knew where the keys were kept or it just had a direct starting system.

Second, in this type of property crime, he should have gotten a private investigator right away to take charge of some of those alcohol bottles for fingerprints, for when they get a suspect.

Police have lots of heavy crimes to deal with and don't seem too keen to pursue property crimes unless the solution falls in their lap.

I had just seen that boat on Marlin Magazines e-magazine so, I recognized it right away when I saw that 'wrap'.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts