Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed things up some on my property this year, got tired of seeing does and small buck last year.

Less corn, less bushhogging and letting certain areas grow up. Also trying not to frequent certain areas as much. Killing me not getting all those deer photos though. Hoping it pays off during the rut.

You can really see the trails cutting through parts of the property.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Nice. I’m doing the same but just because I haven’t been able to do the work :).

Looks great!

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Cell cameras are your friend for your style property. Set them and forget them. When big boy starts showing up go hunt him

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
455 Posts
I hunt a power line on Eglin. Every few years they cut it. Big bucks avoid it until growth gets up head high. Then they will even walk down it for 50-75 yards. When it gets cold and the growth is head high or more. They will bed in the sunny spots just after the frost burns off.

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just trying it on my property not my family's property. Just didn't see any shooters except on camera. Haven't hung a single stand in my place yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you have land to play around with. Look up hinge cutting trees for bedding areas. I watched it on a live video stream many years ago. The property was a small strip of land that deer cut through often but didn't spend much time on it. After the hinge cutting was done deer seemed to hangout through out the day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts