Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Thursday night my wife and I got a baby sitter and made plans to go to the "Puddle of Mud" concert at NAS Pensacola. My wife met with her friends and my buddy met up with me whenwe got on base. My buddy and I went in to the concert and quickly realized we didnt want to be there. Itold him, "damn I'd rather be fishing right now, oh yeah I've got my poles in the truck." So wegrabbeda couple poles, my tackle box, and wandered aimlessly toward the water. The first edge we came to was dark and only gave us blind casts. Itold my buddy, "we've gotta get around some lights." So towards the lights we went.Wewalked alongsidea few boatsdocked ina canal and followed the side walk around to the back side where piles of pelican were painting the wall. First cast red mirror lure 'bam' red fish slams it. He quickly got off. My buddy's first cast'bam' blue fish...whats this..a big red chasinghis blue fish..hmm..I had to do something about that.Cast behind the blue andred was on.Got him in and he was around 32", therefore quickly released.We proceeded to catch a blue fish every cast and watchporpoisesmake torpedo like explosions as they went after the blue's. It was an amazing site. My wife called "hey whereare you, I wanna come stand by you...." "I'm fishing...the concert sucked so we're over here catching fish, give me a call when you're ready to go and we'll head that way." Excellent decision on deciding to go fish instead ofwatching the conert. Sorry no pics...we werent prepared for all that..and although we didnt pass a single restricted area sign or anything like it, we were still keeping a low profile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts