Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left Charleston Harbor this morning at 7:45am. Set a course directly to St. Aug. 185 miles eta on Mr. Garmin...4pm. Seas were lessthan 1' after about an hour they were 2-3.....an hour later 3-4. The Bertram performed as expected. ran 24 kts until we were about three hours from St Aug. Pulled back to 22 kts because the seas were a solid 6'. Still the 33' rarely took any spray at the helm. St. Aug pass at 4:15pm .....Stacked up 8' at least coming in............pulled back to about 1600rpm no problem getting in. Overnighting at the municipal marina St. Aug. Probably run the ditch tomorrow.. Seas expected to be at least 5-6. Hoping to fish the gulfstream while we are here. May HAVE to poke our nose out at some point. Glad this Marina has WIFI. Hope you guys are keeping up with us. Hope to be home by Friday. The Cummins have used 0 oil. It's cool to hear the turbos spool up when you are climbing a swell. she practically looses no otg speed. The Bertram hull blasts through the waves. The swell was primarily quatering on the port stern but the last four hours or so it was a confused sea.

Sack time

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Man What a trip!!! Wish I had some time to go.. Good luck on getting outsideto fish. I think they should rename FL to the Windy State! Keep us posted!!

Are you cutting through the lake down south or going around Key West?

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Man keep us posted, I am sure you saw the Hogs lost to Auburn at home. Last year we were the Alabama state champs and this year Alabama is the Arkansas state champs. Just goes to show you....... what I have no Idea. Stay safe and keep us informed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts