Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got the wife to call the Dept. of Ag to set up an appointment for her permit.. It is set up for November 5th and we need to get her through a class before then.. I believe she wants to take Capt. Ron's class eventually but was wondering if anyone on here does the class as well?

·
Registered
569 Posts
FUPAGUNT said:
Well I finally got the wife to call the Dept. of Ag to set up an appointment for her permit.. It is set up for November 5th and we need to get her through a class before then.. I believe she wants to take Capt. Ron's class eventually but was wondering if anyone on here does the class as well?
My wife and I did the class through Walton County Sheriff's Office last weekend, it was fantastic. My PA CCW expires in November, so I needed to renew & she had very little experience. They had her shooting her LCP like a champ and my own shooting improved tremendously. $50 a person for a 6 hour class, most of it range time.

HIGHLY recommend

http://www.waltonso.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18&Itemid=40

·
Banned
3,081 Posts
My wife and I did the class through Walton County Sheriff's Office last weekend, it was fantastic. My PA CCW expires in November, so I needed to renew & she had very little experience. They had her shooting her LCP like a champ and my own shooting improved tremendously. $50 a person for a 6 hour class, most of it range time.

HIGHLY recommend

http://www.waltonso.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18&Itemid=40

+1 Clay, heard alot of good things about that course!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
. If ya come, we can try for a pig that night!- class is 8-2. - three highly trained cops teaching 11 people= lots of direct guidance and instruction
Now THAT sounds like a plan Stan.. Will give them a call on Monday morning and let you know whats up!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
You can also go through the one that Santa Rosa Sheriffs Department offers. They do one several times a year and have extra classes when they get a full roster. http://www.santarosasheriff.org/

Go to their services and programs and then to the Citizens Firearms Class. I took the class and received my certification then sent off for my CCW and got it back about a month ago. The class is free but is just a basic firearms class. For more thorough instruction for pressure situations and for those without much experience with firearms I would utilize something like Ron's course either before or shortly after getting the minimum certification.

·
Registered
596 Posts
But if you have you hunters safety card, all you have to do is apply, get registered and finger printed. Wait for you new card and your good to go.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I WILL BE THERE NOV. 5TH TOO:thumbup:

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
But if you have you hunters safety card, all you have to do is apply, get registered and finger printed. Wait for you new card and your good to go.
Just to make sure I have this right. If my son has gone through the Hunter Safety he is able to use that to get his concealed carry permit when he turns 21?

I never knew that.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts

HIGHLY recommend

Thats a deal right there.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts