Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set my alarm this am for 4:00 to go to the octagon pier. I figured conditions suck but at least I would have the whole pier to myself. I started with the norm, catch some live bait, got some great size ly's put 1 out freeline. one on bottom and then set out rod 3 on bottom with a giant chunk of mullet.

First pole screamed out with a big sting ray. Then 2nd pole took off to end up being a decent speck. About an hour went by before another run that seemed promising.

It was a spanish, as I was pulling him in the rod bent with great force as I saw a giant red eat him.It was on... I was in luck because this was my best and biggest rod. I fought him for about 10 minutes and as I got him within sight a 5 to 6 foot shark came up and ate him and took off. As I was screaming with no one around my wife shook me and said " what is wrong with you?" Yeah she woke me up!! It was 4 am.

I stayed home. I figured there was no way I could top that trip. LOL

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Thats great:clap..Got a kick out of it..There are a few Spanish caught every year that seem to hang around...It may have got to cold this year though..I once gave a friend on the pier a live cig..He threw it out it got eaten by a king in 5 seconds..Then Cuda ate the King..Then a Shark ate the Cuda..Crazy

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Sounds like a good trip.....................................Oh.........by the way, You caught a few of us too:clap.........I was following the music there for a moment..........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts