Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went wading with the net this morning. ended up with 33 mullet and 1 striper. let the striper go. we (i took 2 of the kids) went on the south side of hwy 90 almost into pace about 7 am and then to fishermans point about 9:30. there was mullet everywhere thick but the water is so clear theyre hard to catch. i had to work for them mullet today. once i got to the deeper water i could get a few. my shoulder got a good workout. we also saw some dolphins just south of 90. i havent ever seen them that far in. it was a good day to be fishing and the kids had a blast.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Nothing like fresh mullet. I sometimes throw up by 90 but havn't tried fishermans point. Since I don't have a boat, I don't know how to get there. I may go in my kayak sometime, but it is a pretty far paddel from Floridatown and back. Is there someplace I could drive to get there without getting on somone's private property?

Greg

·
Registered
478 Posts
If I had kept the Gheenoe, you might have missed the blessing. On the other hand, there is a lot of water for us all to fish in and I am having a ball in the yak. Would be nice to be able to cover more water though and I am a little jealous of you when it comes to all those flounder. Glad your back home safe and sound. Tight lines.

Greg

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks yall. there is a marina at the end of mulat rd that they opened about a year ago. you could also launch at archie glover boat ramp and its not far at all. i always get there from a empty lot in a neighborhood down there. i asked the people that live next door and they said its cool as long as it doesnt get trashed. ive been using that same lot for almost 15 years now with no problems.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a little bit. these were mostly silver mulet. every black mullet ive caught in the last 2 weeks has had roe and about a third of the silvers have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts