Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VIDEO: https://youtu.be/FuOU4PIARaY

What is going on everyone?! In this report, I headed out a couple of days ago in search of some fall/pre-winter Sheepshead. I've been seeing some caught (Around Sykes), so I wanted to give it a try myself. I picked up some fiddler crabs, and dead shrimp and gave it a go. My plan was to tie up to the pilings and take shelter from the wind on this day. There was a sustained 15 mph north wind, so tying up to the pilings and being off the yak was the best bet. The bite was super slow until I started to really focus on keeping my bait as close to the piling as I could. With much patience and determination, some nice Sheepshead were landed! (Along with some being lost LOL) Anyways, all in all I landed 4 Quality Sheepshead, lost another, & lost another Black drum. I had a great time out there even though it was miserable conditions ! I’ll leave a link up above if anyone wants to check the video of the trip folks! Tight lines

·
Registered
9,505 Posts
Great video glad you had a good safe trip. But if I was you and continue to fish this winter in your kayak. Please go purchase a one piece 3 or 5 mil wetsuit. You fall overboard you will have about 10 minutes in cold water before your body functions start to shut down. I launced at sherman cove last week the water temp at the dock after the cold front was 47 degrees. It was warmer in low 60s offshore. Good luck just a sugestion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts