Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been sorta locked out of the forum for a bit. Something weird with my password and just couldn't stay logged in. Took a hiatus and now I'm back. Figured I'd catch up with a general report of the last month or so off the beach.

I have to say, this has not been the year for flounder numbers. Live bait has yielded some for the folks using it, but even then the numbers are low to what they should be. Even then I've managed a few on plugs, but this season has been outstanding for Reds and huge numbers of specks in the surf. I can't seem to crack 27" on Specks this year but the numbers of 23-26" fish is amazing and for the past 4 weeks they've been in just about any major trough or washout from Perdido Pass to Ft Morgan. Find the bait and you'll find the Trout and Reds.

Another good sign is Ladyfish. Most pack up and move if they find Ladies but I slug it out and may go a size or two heavier on leader. The other gamefish are there for the same reason the ladies are and are often mixed in. This past week proved that. I'd catch 3 ladies to every one Trout or Red but it was worth the hassle and a bent rod is a bent rod!

I got out with quite a few customers of mine from the shop and we had some great mornings. Even the slow outings were supplemented with bigger fish. Just a great season in the sand and we still have at least two more months of good lure slingin ahead! Some pics......

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
27,931 Posts
Nice going brother, as usual baby!

·
Registered
400 Posts
"Specks don't live in the surf", "I've been fishing here 20 years and never saw a speck in the surf" I wish the people who have told me that could see this post lol
Awesome Report!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe the flounder will finally decide to show in numbers this month, the outgoing tide in the afternoon has produced some for me around west pass lately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts