Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been fishing outside of the boat a bit and ordered the fish-n-mate aluminum cart with the orange beach wheels to make the walk to the water a bit easier. Does anyone have the liner that fits the cart and if so, would you recommend it? Truly appreciate any advice that's offered!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
I would think the liners would be more useful if you used your cart for family beach trips to carry kid's toys, sunscreen, etc.
I only use mine for a cooler, tackle box and rods so none of those are going to fall thru.
So, it depends on what you are planning to carry.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think the liners would be more useful if you used your cart for family beach trips to carry kid's toys, sunscreen, etc.
I only use mine for a cooler, tackle box and rods so none of those are going to fall thru.
So, it depends on what you are planning to carry.
Thanks welldoya. I have no doubt I'll be hauling sunscreen, kid's toys, etc on some trips which is why I was considering the liner. Makes sense, thanks for the tip. I'm sure I'll have some more questions; the wife wants to start pompano fishing, which is something I've never done so I'm doing some research. The cart seemed like a logical start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've used my cart for about 6 trips and just ordered a liner for it. I got tired of the sand spikes and umbrella sliding out on a long walk. Also, I have to bring my whole tackle bag instead of 1 or 2 Plano boxes and my surf binder just to keep things from falling through the bottom. I do bring alot more stuff than the average person because it's the whole family.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've used my cart for about 6 trips and just ordered a liner for it. I got tired of the sand spikes and umbrella sliding out on a long walk. Also, I have to bring my whole tackle bag instead of 1 or 2 Plano boxes and my surf binder just to keep things from falling through the bottom. I do bring alot more stuff than the average person because it's the whole family.
Appreciate it; just ordered one.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
I saw a cart recently that had mesh stretched across the bottom and sides. It let the sand a water pass but small enough to hold everything else.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I used plastic race car body from performance USA it was 6-8$ to do the whole bottom and cut it with a razor knife to fit, drilled 2 holes where the boosts run thru and I have a cheap quality light bottom in the cart. It doesn't have walls but it keeps the bait bucket if I have one, umbrella, chairs and sand spikes from falling thru and it looks pretty good to boot.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used plastic race car body from performance USA it was 6-8$ to do the whole bottom and cut it with a razor knife to fit, drilled 2 holes where the boosts run thru and I have a cheap quality light bottom in the cart. It doesn't have walls but it keeps the bait bucket if I have one, umbrella, chairs and sand spikes from falling thru and it looks pretty good to boot.
Not a bad idea at all. Wish I'd have thought of it and saved the $30. How do you like the cart?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Not a bad idea at all. Wish I'd have thought of it and saved the $30. How do you like the cart?

If I only had 275 in my bank account and I was headed fishing when my cart was stolen I would stop by the bait shop and pick up a new one. I don't go on a surf fishing trip or family beach outing without it. The sand tires also make all the difference in our sand also.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:) Great response. Mine made it to the house yesterday but I won't be home until Tuesday; looking forward to pulling it down to the water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts