Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Love it. Light weight, firm set, sensitive to the touch, and good fit for the palm. And, gave it the big fish test on the first week-end outing, and Lane can testify that the carrot stick was horse-shoed and it held its own.Thanks Lane for my birthday present. I don't recommend high sticking on any rod, cept maybe a shorter rod designed for bass fishing. :nonono Roland who?:poke

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
JoeZ (9/16/2009)Love my Carrot Stix.

Legal AJ to the littlest trout, you can feel every move the fish put on it.

As for the color, I'm not overly concerned if you (not you, but you, over there) think it's ugly. As long as it catches fish.

Most people probably don't get past your ugliness to notice how ugly the rod is you're using. :poke

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Wharf Rat (9/16/2009)
JoeZ (9/16/2009)Love my Carrot Stix.

Legal AJ to the littlest trout, you can feel every move the fish put on it.

As for the color, I'm not overly concerned if you (not you, but you, over there) think it's ugly. As long as it catches fish.
Most people probably don't get past your ugliness to notice how ugly the rod is you're using. :poke
You've got a point there.

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
I've fished with just about every high end rod you can think of, from 200$ shimanos to $300 st. Croixs... there is no doubt in my mind that the carrot stix is the most badass rod I have ever used... I personally don't see how people break them, maybe they don't know HOW to use a rod? I know I've caught a few 32-34" amberjacks on mine(I don't reccomend this) they are light, powerful, extremely sensitive, and (if you ever need it) a lifetime warranty. All for around $150 bucks... you can't beat it IMHO.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
i have thought about getting one several times and put it down and walk off every time...like the way the rod feels and so on...just wish they wold put a little more foam or cork around the real seat to make it comfortable in the hand

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
fisheye48 (9/16/2009)i have thought about getting one several times and put it down and walk off every time...like the way the rod feels and so on...just wish they wold put a little more foam or cork around the real seat to make it comfortable in the hand

Have you ever checked out their 'salty stix' line of rods... they are very similar to the original, however they have a traditional reel seat and a fancy little diamond wrap on it... swing by the shop one day soon, we've got a whole pile of carrot stix on the way.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
John B. (9/16/2009)
fisheye48 (9/16/2009)i have thought about getting one several times and put it down and walk off every time...like the way the rod feels and so on...just wish they wold put a little more foam or cork around the real seat to make it comfortable in the hand

Have you ever checked out their 'salty stix' line of rods... they are very similar to the original, however they have a traditional reel seat and a fancy little diamond wrap on it... swing by the shop one day soon, we've got a whole pile of carrot stix on the way.

I agree, I like the "salty stix" line much better than the original. Next time you pick it up, actually put a reel on it before you judge how it feels...might make a difference.

·
Registered
107 Posts
ive got a carrot stik and its amazing light weight and ultra sensitive. and for those who said u should be embarassed to use it ur an idiot. who cares about what the rod or reel looks like as long as its a good solid rod or reel. so if i catch bigger fish with my carrot stik than u catch at all ill rub it in ur face :banghead

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
It was only a matter of time...exploded into three pieces. I know how to handle a rod...first rod I have ever had break from a fish. Hope the warranty comes through...Probably broke due to me being so low to the water on the kayak. To tell you the truth I have held the rod bowed up on a fish 20 times before thinking it would snap at any moment. Horsing Bulls on 20lb braid probably has something to do with it as well. Just have to get a new one =)

·
Registered
181 Posts
They were made for bass fishing, then all the salt water flames saw it and jumped on it. :sick :boo

so then they has to make an inshore rod.

the guides suck

·
Registered
306 Posts
N!cky (11/20/2009)They were made for bass fishing, then all the salt water flames saw it and jumped on it. :sick :boo

so then they has to make an inshore rod.

the guides suck
The rod TexasOIP is holding is an Inshore Rod called a Salty Carrot Stick.........The reason I can tell is the wrap just above the reel seat is anout3/4 inch long on the freshwater and it is about 3 inches long on the Inshore Rods.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Ive never used 1 but on 2 diffrent occaisions entering a tackle shop,I've noticed someone bringing them back broken! its probably both, Abuse , & rod. I have broken many a rod over the years, Mostly its caused by me or a nick in the glass etc. You havent seen high sticking untill a large fish tries to take you under the pier.:doh

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 6 of them and the most sensitive rod I have ever fished. You really have to select the correct rod for some of them have reinforcement at the butt of the rod which is mandatory if sight casting for big red,s. The have a life time guarantee so be sure to register after you buy. I fish IFA and some FLW Redfish Tournaments and broke 2 rod's because I did not buy the correct rod! Do the research and you will love them!!

Don/ TritonLTS

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Have seen way too many broken ones to ever want one myself. I know, I've heard "but it has a lifetime warranty". I don't care what warranty is on it,I don't want my rod to break.

·
Registered
130 Posts
ehh i wouldnt touch one of them barbie rods. kidding, never fished one. have held them though and they are very light.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Calcuttas and Avids kick their ass and look better doing it. Ive sure seen alot of them sitting broken in the shops. I do have a baitcaster though and love it

21 - 40 of 48 Posts