Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed over to Carrabelle later this week, going to look at some real estate for a possible vacation/fish camp. Taking the boat for a couple days of fishing too.
Anyone have any numbers of natural bottom areas? I've done fairly well in that area, need to up my game with some new areas. :thumbsup:

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,271 Posts
I don't have any numbers there, but go across and check out Dog Island. That place was eerie back in the 90's, might still be?

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We slept in the boat a few years ago in the island's cove, but have never set foot on the island.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Was down in February, be carefull lots of junk in the water due to Hurricane Michael. Good food at restaurant named The Fisherman & His Wife . Across the street from the big marina on 98....

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had a place in Carrabelle for a few years, but tired of running 15 or 20 miles to get to 55 to 65 feet of water. I'm out of PCB now and in those depths in 3 to 4 miles out. That said there are some good deals there on real estate and the fishing can be good.
If you run out to K Tower there is some good hard bottom all around that area, the same is true if you run due south out of the pass toward O tower. There seems to be a good amount of bottom around many of the artificial reefs. A lot of the bottom is just "honey comb" with a number of holes and small ledges that dont really show up as having much relief. Best advice is when you mark hard bottom with fish give it a shot for enough time to get them turned on. I dont know if the storms have "moved" or covered up any of the numbers, but I'll look to see what I may still have over there and let you know.
Also, as Yellow Boat said the Fisherman's Wife puts some good food on the table. Really good folks too.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The storm blew some gags into the bay at the mouth of the Carrabelle River.

There is good bottom around most of the towers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts