Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get the interior carpet replaced in my 14 foot john boat. Please recommend someone local that does good work at a fair price...Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At this point I'd even take a recommendation for a local professional that does boat carpet...please help all.

Mike

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heard from Bluewater2, but no follow up. Still looking fora carpet man. Anyone have luck with Rhino lining? I don't think I want to go with bare aluminum since it gets so hot.

Mike

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I bought astro-turf from home depot and cut and installed it with industrial addheisive.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've seen the Rino Lining type stuff (actual product was Line X) sprayed in the bottom of small aluminum boats before and it makes a nice durable coating. The only problem is that most of that stuff comes in black and it is just about as hot as the bare aluminum. I had an aluminum boat one time that I cut plywood to fit the bottom and used a staple gun to attach astro turf type carpet to. I did not attach the plywood and you could just popout the sectionsto clean underneath. Having the wood on the bottom was much cooler and muchquiter.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Can't go wrong with the two post from above. Depends ON WHAT YOU WANT. Surfstrykers would be the easiest and cheapest but depends on the owner.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I'm still looking for a pro to recarpet my boat. Let me know.I wouldn't have been so slow getting back if I knew how to flag my post to alert me to replies on the new forum. Help for that would be great too...Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts